Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Jolla is seeking debt restructuring from the court. Apparently, they are running out of money. It doesn't look very good now.

Originally Posted by IlkkaP View Post
Jolla is seeking debt restructuring from the court. Apparently, they are running out of money. It doesn't look very good now.
Quite the opposite. This step might save Jolla !

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Care to prove these "dangerous" activities? I mean, you make it sound like this is Enron.

Or are we just resorting to hyperbole because this is a race to see what statement will end up as a news article?
Man keep it sane please. Enron, please.

Read the blog and see if you can find anything regarding this. Just to open the shop and sell devices when you now are in deep **** is ugly.

Gerbick: I´m just trying to help you to get to 10000 posts a bit faster Got ya!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-11-20 at 17:50.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
https://twitter.com/AnttiSaarnio/sta...29790518951936

At least Antti Saarnio wants to believe in delivering the tablets despite all. As long he is fighting for it there is chance.

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Quite the opposite. This step might save Jolla !
Either all of it comes from the Finnish and Russian governments and Saarnio stays, or he falls on his sword and an entirely new executive team is installed.

What private backer in their right mind would front them more money whilst the ancien régime clings on ... and I mean that about both the remainder of Jolla's executive team and the arrogant, impotent, directionless, laissez-faire management culture that spawned them at Nokia

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by att View Post
https://twitter.com/AnttiSaarnio/sta...29790518951936

At least Antti Saarnio wants to believe in delivering the tablets despite all. As long he is fighting for it there is chance.
yeah, I can fly to jolla hq in finland an work a weekend for free to help users get their tablets. Just say the word. I also want to ask him how he could hide the truth in such a cowardly way!

Debt restructuring is not the end if they have credible plan to go forward. It is either to buy time, write down some of the debt or both but I have seen it happen before in very different industry. Looks quite much like NEVS...

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
that is more info
http://jolla.com/wp-content/uploads/...5_FINAL_61.pdf
but not that much any way
written on 20th October for release on 20th November - unlike?

Is there any significance in waiting for one full year from the campaign starting (and the majority of contributors) to pass prior to announcing this?

Originally Posted by maxinflixion View Post
Is there any significance in waiting for one full year from the campaign starting (and the majority of contributors) to pass prior to announcing this?
That is a good question indeed!

this was posted 9 days ago:

"Hello all Jolla Tablet followers,

We’ve again received many questions about the Jolla Tablet and its schedule, and now it is time for a new update.

Previously we communicated that we started the Jolla Tablet shipping in October with a relatively small first batch. Many people have since received their tablets, and we’ve been happy to see several tweets and unboxing videos, commemorating this.

In the previous communication we stated that wave 2 shipments will occur at the beginning of November. Unfortunately, we have not been able to keep this timeline for wave 2. This can be attributed to various factors and simply the fact that we are still a start-up. We are pushing to start wave 2 shipments a couple of weeks late, i.e., by the end of November.

The wave 3 schedule will be communicated as soon as we have more details. There are a few unclear items related to this, and we do not want to provide you with incomplete information. At that time, we will also provide more info regarding refund option (that was communicated in early Oct. 2015). Please stay tuned.

We understand all too well that this is a big disappointment for many of you, and we sincerely apologize for this turn of events. "

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund