I'd had extremely poor luck trying to hotsync, and I'd tried just about everything I could think of to get it to work. Looking at the packet traffic, it seemed that packets were being dropped.

Just for the heck of it, I set up a peer-to-peer (ad hoc) network between my N810 and my Windows machine. Now, I'm not getting 100% success, but close to it.

Edit: Also, I think it helps to use the latest Palm Desktop (6.2) Available from Palm Support.

Last edited by burmashave; 2009-01-24 at 23:28.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
Not a Windows user myself but you might check out rsync for windows which is free. Rsync is perhaps the primary backup tool on Linux systems which of course your N810 is. There is also rsync available for the N810.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Edit: My bad, fragos. My brain was out to lunch, and I thought I was replying to the other thread I had just started. The reason why I want to hotsync is that I want to synchronize with conduits (such as Bonsai, TimeLogger, Project@Hand, etc.) that run on Windows. That way, I can use Palm data in Windows programs and vice versa. For example, syncing Project@Hand synchronizes Palm data with Microsoft Project.

Last edited by burmashave; 2009-01-25 at 12:23.

I was a Palm user as well and toyed with GVM but ultimately found applications that replace the Palm ones and run on both my Linux desktop as well as the N810. The GPE PIM set of packages combined with notecase has done it for me. Those aps are are actualy file compatible which makes syncing my desktop and N810 very easy. In my Palm days I was big user of Tealpoint aps.

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Brasilia, Brazil
I am a Palm user but not using GVM yet. I installed GPE Contacts but I was not able to import my contacts from Palm as csv or vcard. Is there a possibility to import them to GPE?
Is it possible to import my Palm Contacts to GVM?

GPE can import vcards but only one contact per file. The same is true of the basic contact ap that comes with the N8x0. I bit the bullet and entered them by hand. It gave me an excuse to purge those contacts we collect that we can't remember. In the note field I like to put date of last contact which can greatly help in a purge process or CRM related activities.

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

The Following User Says Thank You to fragos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Brasilia, Brazil
Thanks Fragos for the info.

Tags
garnet, palm