I didn't see any posting about this device and was wondering if anyone had tried it and would confirm this airline audio jack to USB charger did successfully charge your NIT?

http://www.inflightpower.com/products.asp

If it does work with NIT, I think it's a great idea to have one if you fly international or long distance.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to dxitt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Dude, that is hella ghetto!

The Inflight Power cable works well on loud forms of audio (Marachi), music channles do better than talk channels, and be sure the volume is adjusted to maximum. Not all audio channels will provide sufficient power. Ask your flight attendant if they provide a "Charging Tone" audio channel, this is a saturated audio recording provided by Inflight Power to the airlines to ensure good performance.
It seems to charge the internal batteries for some time, then discharge it. So its like pule charging the device. I don't think it could actually charge the NIT, think about it... The NIT uses WAY more power just for the screen than can be provided.

Might increase the battery life though...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ NYC, NY
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Dude, that is hella ghetto!

It seems to charge the internal batteries for some time, then discharge it. So its like pule charging the device. I don't think it could actually charge the NIT, think about it... The NIT uses WAY more power just for the screen than can be provided.

Might increase the battery life though...
So, maybe if I ran Canola (volume on high, of course) and attached the NIT's earphone jack to the input of the power unit, I could infinitely power my N810.

DOC BROWN MOVE OVER! I'm coming back, baby!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fattomm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fattomm View Post
So, maybe if I ran Canola (volume on high, of course) and attached the NIT's earphone jack to the input of the power unit, I could infinitely power my N810.

DOC BROWN MOVE OVER! I'm coming back, baby!

When Canola runs on another NIT, yes.

Ask your flight attendant if they provide a "Charging Tone" audio channel, this is a saturated audio recording provided by Inflight Power to the airlines to ensure good performance.
I pity the poor bastard that accidentally flicks on to this channel and gets an earfull of saturated max volume white noise

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Or just use a battery pack, it will work well on even very long (9 hours+) flights.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Or just use a battery pack, it will work well on even very long (9 hours+) flights.

I've seen this picture before and its been bugging me ever since.... are you using bluetooth on a plane?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by overfloat View Post
I've seen this picture before and its been bugging me ever since.... are you using bluetooth on a plane?
Why has it been bugging you?

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Why has it been bugging you?
they let you?

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
After takeoff, things like Bluetooth and WiFi have no effect. Unless you have a EMP bomb, I don't think anything is going to happen.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.