Notices

Posts: 748 | Thanked: 2,779 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
New Early Access release has been made available!

Release notes

Changelog

Main highlights include:
  • Qt 5.6 (!)
  • Bluez5 (JollaC/Intex Aqua Fish only, not yet enabled by default)
  • Built in VPN support with GUI (in beta)
  • Support for ARM 64bit
  • Text selection in browser
  • Facebook microblog and notifications removed, as Facebook will eliminate this functionality from public API by the next month
  • Annotation feature for PDF documents
  • QML live coding support for the SDK
  • Setting for changing font size in the OS (normal/large/huge)

Release history:
  1. 2017-02-08: 2.1.0.9 Early access release

It hasn't shown up on my device yet, but I am looking forward to first hand experience from others - this is one of the biggest releases SailfishOS has ever seen so I expect some bugs to be present at this stage.

EDIT: Added Text selection feature mention, thanks to the heads up from Feathers McGraw. I missed that one.
The worst thing is even if you don't use it, it takes one ***** who does and has your number in his/her contacts and your number is uploaded to servers of this insane company for 'anyone interested' to read.
Thumbs up for everyone supporting WhatsApp on Maemo. NOT

Last edited by nodevel; 2017-02-08 at 14:20.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 499 | Thanked: 1,532 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Text selection in the browser! That should make a lot of people happy (less grumpy, at least!)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,715 | Thanked: 13,910 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
It would, except...

Name:  Screenshot_20170208_001.jpg
Views: 1719
Size:  18.7 KB

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
this is the first updated of which i am able to pronounce the name

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Turns out the tablet has only 2,3GB system memory (who thought that was a good idea?), of which 1,9GB is in use. Trying to download the system update tells me I need 500MB free space. What can I do? Looking for this problem on TJC only gives me someone with a Turing phone who had the same problem and bricked his device trying to fix it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 748 | Thanked: 2,779 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Turns out the tablet has only 2,3GB system memory (who thought that was a good idea?), of which 1,9GB is in use. Trying to download the system update tells me I need 500MB free space. What can I do? Looking for this problem on TJC only gives me someone with a Turing phone who had the same problem and bricked his device trying to fix it.
I had the same problem on JollaC with the last update (2.0.5) - had to remove almost all apps (including AlienDalvik) to be able to proceed. As each update is bigger and bigger, this is bound to get worse over time.

I haven't seen any reports of this kind on TJC, but I will report it if it happens with this update as well.
The worst thing is even if you don't use it, it takes one ***** who does and has your number in his/her contacts and your number is uploaded to servers of this insane company for 'anyone interested' to read.
Thumbs up for everyone supporting WhatsApp on Maemo. NOT

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I had the same problem on JollaC with the last update (2.0.5) - had to remove almost all apps (including AlienDalvik) to be able to proceed. As each update is bigger and bigger, this is bound to get worse over time.

I haven't seen any reports of this kind on TJC, but I will report it if it happens with this update as well.
Wow, no way I'm doing that. I've made a post, feel free to edit it with more information: https://together.jolla.com/question/...t-using-btrfs/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,452 | Thanked: 2,858 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Can't update be broken up into smaller ones by Jolla?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 4,534 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ germoney
updating
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
I'm not usually updating my SDK directly, so… does anyone know how soon after the OS the (early access) binaries of the new SDKs are usually released? Currently, https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Applicat...K_Early_Access and http://releases.sailfishos.org/sdk/installers/ only point to 1611, which is to be expected, but I really want to check that out.

edit: http://releases.sailfishos.org/sdk/installers/1701/
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Last edited by velox; 2017-02-09 at 13:02. Reason: it's there now

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sfos upgrade