Originally Posted by Niwakame View Post
That's also my impression. They should've flattened the case more at this point.
I recently switched to the blue silicon cover, and while it was out I kind of firmly just pushed it all over.

It seemed to not creak for awhile, but sure enough it started again.

I suppose it could be the tight cover.

I (at least not yet) am not noticing any permanent damage or other ill-effects. Its a little annoying, but meh, beggers can't be choosers (you know, since Nokia doesn't really give two.... about we Maemo/Meego users).

The Following User Says Thank You to jonnyl For This Useful Post:
Spray the inside of silicon cover with silicone spray then wipe it a bit, and there wont be any cracs.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Germany
Isn't silicone spray on silicon supposed to dissolve the silicon of the silicon case, because it has to keep the silicon in the silicon spray-can liquid?

Arrrr xD

But this is a valid question.

That "silicon case" is made from plastic...

Mine creaks, and it's definitely the unit itself, not the silicone case. Not a dealbreaker though, just mildly disconcerting.

I don't get it. It's a unibody, I don't know how it can crack.

Originally Posted by Niwakame View Post
That's also my impression. They should've flattened the case more at this point.
same issues here. My n9 i used the case and pushed against it. But now.have removed the case, thankfully the creaking is not as.bad yet.

they should made it easier to press power.button. Now my power buttons allow slightly recessed.

The Following User Says Thank You to zfarooq For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
We should lodge an enhance request in the bug-tracker just for the hell of it

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Prague, Czech republic
Hello everyone. Is anybody here experiencing deteriorating tendency of the body creaking? Mine is creaking more and more. I've shot this video 4 days ago and now it creacks even more. Since I'm using the phone from Dec 25th, I wonder if it stops at some point or if the phone will just totally break up after one month of using

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__DcsI3lnJE

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Prague, Czech republic
Hello everyone. Is anybody here experiencing deteriorating tendency of the N9 body creaking? I'm using mine since Dec 25th. The creaking started the very first week and it's getting worse and worse, so I'm wondering if the creaking just stops at some point, or if the phone will just disintegrate after first month of usage

I've shot this video showing the creaking four days ago, and since then the creaking started to be even worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__DcsI3lnJE