Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by iMeTubes View Post
My N9 is responsive, no battery problem. I suggest you reinstall your phone via Nokia Software Updater.
No thanks. I did that, it's still slow at the first start-up, but cranks in and remains responsive all day until a hiccup in the software - call, bluetooth or wifi - kicks in. Then it's a reboot.

Having to reinstall the OS over and over... isn't that what they used to say when Windows 3.1 would act up?

N9 is a great phone with the best UI !
And never said it wasn't a great phone. What I am saying is that this great phone has flaws. They all do.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You can't do it via iOS either. Finding esoteric features that suit only your needs usually ends up in a platform that does that kind of stuff but doesn't really sell.
So, I don't iOS either, and I know many guys out there using that functionality (e.g. to connect to media center and play music, videos and so on). It's not esoteric, maybe you are.

In simpler terms, I can't send files via wifi to my N9. I can on iOS and Android. I can pull files from my WP7 phone via USB, I can also do that and much more on the N9.
Of course you can send files via wifi to N9 using scp. Just launch any FTP client with SSH (e.g. WinSCP) and specify IP address, port 22, an FTP over SSH.

Bluetooth is slow. And on the N9, faulty. Fix Bluetooth on the N9, then we'll talk.
Bluetooth is working great for me, I can send any file and speed suits my needs (1MB about 2 seconds). And I really need it to quickly share files with my fellows wherever I go.

Yet... I can use my Unity3D stuff on WP7. Which I can also use on Android, iOS and Blackberry Playbook OS. Fix that...
I don't know in what world you are living, but there is no Unity3D support for WP7 and there won't be.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/15/un...ndows-phone-7/
Do your job before posting lies.

Again, finding things that suit only your needs, I can counter those all too easily.
And in fact every good 3D game use OpenGL, so it's not only me.
Don;t even mention XNA here, OK.

Swipe's closed source. Fix that... and we'll talk.
How sad

Only losers and idiots compare who's last. It's like saying who has the smallest penis and then pray that it's not you. Either way, you've already on the losing side of things anyway.
Oh, when talking about penis I am in that 1% who have the biggest in the world

Last edited by elemental; 2012-02-23 at 20:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elemental View Post
So, I don't iOS either, and I know many guys out there using that functionality (e.g. to connect to media center and play music, videos and so on). It's not esoteric, maybe you are.
So supporting and being rather aggressive about Harmattan when really no other 3rd party is supporting it is not esoteric?

Let's put it to you this way. No 3rd party support, no functionality that extends past what you've listed... unless Nokia pays for it or the community delivers it.

That's quite niche, bordering on esoteric in any part of the English language you might, or might not understand.

Of course you can send files via wifi to N9 using scp. Just launch any FTP client with SSH (e.g. WinSCP) and specify IP address, port 22, an FTP over SSH.
FTP != HTTP via wi-fi - Omitted that via http earlier. Can't blame you on that miscommunication.

Bluetooth is working great for me, I can send any file and speed suits my needs (1MB about 2 seconds). And I really need it to quickly share files with my fellows wherever I go.
Please feel free to help out the people with bugs. Just because it "works" for you doesn't mean it works for everybody. This type of mentality really sucks the wind out of any community.

"Doesn't bother me... too bad"... meh.

I don't know in what world you are living, but there is no Unity3D support for WP7 and there won't be.
Ahem. Yes. It does exist. Can you say the same for Harmattan?

Here's a hint. No.

Do your job before posting lies.
See above. No lies, you just weren't in the know. Now you do know.

And in fact every good 3D game use OpenGL, so it's not only me.
Is that why there are no real large amount of games on the N9 that use 3D engines and/or frameworks? Seriously, the omission of games that don't look like stuff that came out in 1997 or run slowly besides the games that came with the phone is seriously indicative of something.

And yes, I've been around OpenGL since way, way back. C++ and even Delphi even further back.

Don;t even mention XNA here, OK.
Oh lord no. That stuff is hideous.

Now... next time you address me, make sure you understand that I'm talking in terms bigger than just you and I. You can't get past that; no need for such puerile, egocentric conversation.

Problems exist. If you say that they do not... then we'll need to chat even more closely.

Admit that first. It's a necessary step.

Tschuß.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
So supporting and being rather aggressive about Harmattan when really no other 3rd party is supporting it is not esoteric?

Let's put it to you this way. No 3rd party support, no functionality that extends past what you've listed... unless Nokia pays for it or the community delivers it.

That's quite niche, bordering on esoteric in any part of the English language you might, or might not understand.
We were talking about USB mass storage which comes built-in and your answer is out of bounds.

FTP != HTTP via wi-fi - Omitted that via http earlier. Can't blame you on that miscommunication.
You can do it through HTTP as well.
http://nokiagadgets.com/2012/02/22/n...eb-server-app/

Please feel free to help out the people with bugs. Just because it "works" for you doesn't mean it works for everybody. This type of mentality really sucks the wind out of any community.

"Doesn't bother me... too bad"... meh.
Don't know what problem is with your bluetooth, but maybe it's hardware issue with your N9. Please contact your nearest Nokia center.

Ahem. Yes. It does exist. Can you say the same for Harmattan?

Here's a hint. No.
It's not Unity3D, it's only a toolkit for porting, and I doubt you know that XNA is not that functional as Unity3D is.

See above. No lies, you just weren't in the know. Now you do know.
And I knew about it before.

Now... next time you address me, make sure you understand that I'm talking in terms bigger than just you and I. You can't get past that; no need for such puerile, egocentric conversation.
I am here just to let the others to know the truth.

Problems exist. If you say that they do not... then we'll need to chat even more closely.
I am not saying N9 is bug free and have every possible imagined functionality. I know it lacks many things. But when comparing to WP7 crap it's clearly superior.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
WP7 continue to lose market share in 2011. It declined from 3.4% in 2010 to a mere 1.9% in 2011 despite Nokia's entry. It is behind Bada, an almost invisible os.

source: http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/15/g...oid-smartphone
wp can still succes cause they rape nokia and steal good hw inovations from nokia...

first they feed all no smartphone people wth wp phones. Then they give free wp devices to all those people who are sick of buggy android phones and so on. I have already see this happen in sweden.

many people actually like nokias hw. What they dont know is that lumia is a copycat

history is repeating itself. When evil empire copypaste it ends bad. I dont like it but wp will succes in some year. Android is doomed...

Originally Posted by elemental View Post
We were talking about USB mass storage which comes built-in and your answer is out of bounds.
Which I've already answered before. WP7 doesn't do it, N9 does more than that. My answer wasn't out of bounds, you're just ignoring whatever I had said earlier.

So to copy/paste myself since it was ignored:

Originally Posted by me
You can't do it via iOS either... I can pull files from my WP7 phone via USB, I can also do that and much more on the N9.
To clarify, I can connect using the OS X WP7 Connector app, drag/drop from the phone. It's not mass storage, but I do have Finder level browsing of files. On the N9, I can do much more - meaning it's a full-blown mass storage device. Not sure where you thought I was out of bounds with that; but there it is again.

I was talking about wifi shifting apps - something I've done since iOS 2.x and Android 1.6, but your link shows me an app that I hadn't run across that was posted yesterday.

I can thank you for that link. Hadn't seen it until now, might be what will replace WebSharing on Android for me on the N9 (see elemental's link below)

You can do it through HTTP as well.
http://nokiagadgets.com/2012/02/22/n...eb-server-app/
Thanks for this one. Hadn't seen it.

Don't know what problem is with your bluetooth, but maybe it's hardware issue with your N9. Please contact your nearest Nokia center.
Live in the US, they don't support the N9.

And I'm not the only person having Bluetooth issues... it disconnects from my Pioneer car stereo intermittently, it disconnects from my Bose Series 2 earpiece, it disconnects in the middle of OBEX file copies on OS X, but not Windows 7. It's not a steady problem, but it's one nonetheless.

It's not Unity3D, it's only a toolkit for porting
Semantics. I create something in Unity3D, I can port it to WP7. It's the same way if I build in Flex, then compile for AIR or for web. It's a tool that does what I need - I create once, deploy many.

and I doubt you know that XNA is not that functional as Unity3D is.
Sigh. Personal attacks again? I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off of me, sticks to you...

And I knew about it before.
Good. Now show me a toolkit, an IDE or something that has some fanfare outside of this group of folks. Corona SDK? Nope. Torque? Nope. Hell, the HTML5 Canvas and/or WebGL support in Webkit desktop is great, it's slow on the N9.

Those are the tools that I use. What are the alternatives - serious question, btw - that will enable me to do the same kind of work that I do all day already? I'm serious... I see a huge gap in IDE's - but not in programming languages and libs.

I am here just to let the others to know the truth.
As am I. N9 has flaws, it's not a flagship device, it's all but forgotten at the CEO and board of director levels within Nokia.

I am not saying N9 is bug free and have every possible imagined functionality. I know it lacks many things. But when comparing to WP7 crap it's clearly superior.
Never said WP7 was superior. Again, are you ****ing reading what I'm saying? I was quite specific before when I answered. No Google Analytics app. No Google Plus app. The Google Voice app rarely worked for me. No video Skype. No http transfers over wi-fi (proven wrong).

Out of that list, WP7 is just as guilty - all but the Google Analytics app. You people get your panties in a bunch when people don't gush and praise the N9. I got two of them. Both have problems.

I can at least admit that. Glad you could too.

Thanks for the link above, you just made my fave phone that much better.

I can admit that too.

Last edited by gerbick; 2012-02-23 at 21:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Semantics. I create something in Unity3D, I can port it to WP7. It's the same way if I build in Flex, then compile for AIR or for web. It's a tool that does what I need - I create once, deploy many.
Me: WP7 has no OpenGL
You: WP7 has Unity3D
Me: WP7 has not Unity3D
You: WP7 has toolkit to port to Unity3D games to XNA (which is not that easy as click here, click there, because there is no Custom Shaders in XNA
Me: Wp7 has no OpenGL once again and has no Custom Shaders ability as well

Good. Now show me a toolkit, an IDE or something that has some fanfare outside of this group of folks. Corona SDK? Nope. Torque? Nope. Hell, the HTML5 Canvas and/or WebGL support in Webkit desktop is great, it's slow on the N9.

Those are the tools that I use. What are the alternatives - serious question, btw - that will enable me to do the same kind of work that I do all day already? I'm serious... I see a huge gap in IDE's - but not in programming languages and libs.
I am using Qt3D but I know it needs some improvements, so I won't recommend it now. But you can write custom shaders with OpenGL in GLSL and it's the best. You can use QtCreator to write in OpenGL and Blender or 3DsMax to create models.

Never said WP7 was superior. Again, are you ****ing reading what I'm saying? I was quite specific before when I answered. No Google Analytics app. No Google Plus app. The Google Voice app rarely worked for me. No video Skype. No http transfers over wi-fi (proven wrong).

Out of that list, WP7 is just as guilty - all but the Google Analytics app. You people get your panties in a bunch when people don't gush and praise the N9. I got two of them. Both have problems.
I can at least admit that. Glad you could too.
I haven't said that you say WP7 is superior. But look at the topic, it's all about why N9 should be used instead of Lumia in first place by Nokia.

Thanks for the link above, you just made my fave phone that much better.

I can admit that too.
I really appreciate this.

Last edited by elemental; 2012-02-23 at 21:58.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Actually, it's Nokia that ruined Nokia. Elop is an employee of Nokia. They hired him, presumably because they wanted Windoze Phone and were impressed with his strategy. This whole idea that behind Elop there lies 'The Real Nokia TM' is ridiculous. It's like saying The Empire would be benign, if only they got rid of that Darth Vader bloke.

Also, I'm pretty sure that 99% of the population don't give a Flying V about MeeGo. Nokia should never have got involved with it. That's when the die was cast, as far as I'm concerned. The only thing to come out of it is a load of poorly documented meegotouch crap. Even N9 fans don't care about MeeGo. They are interested mostly in the snazzy design and Swipe UX, both of which have sweet FA to do with MeeGo.
Reasons behind this MS infested Nokia will be unclear. The world is aware of how MS achieves their goals, so accepting MS's GODHAND in dire need is doubtful. Nokia had lots of Symbian sales which were increasing by the day. All they needed was a differentiating product at the high-end. Enter N9 with the beautiful hardware and software symbiosis. Imagine N9 in all those ads and the response you'll get. Imagine the N9 and even N950 standing next to an iPhone in a shop. Imaging those free gifts in buying one, etc. MeeGo is doing pretty good with such a high price tag in low markets lacking any kind of advertising. BTW, Swipe UX is a part of MeeGo. You mention that to someone that is aware and they'll immediately associate it with MeeGo. So they do care about MeeGo.

As to the BoD choosing Elop in saving the company, what is the current result? He didn't save it, he tore it to shreds and do they do something? I think they don't have any choice right now except having Microsoft engraved on their tombstone.

Relying on a third party OS with a 1.9% market share and destroying two of their own desired ones is pathetic,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
That´s some serious s..t going on here between some of you guys...
please stop fighting about the size of penises and stick to the thread title and its anwsers...

and especially @gerbick:
since you´re in the US, where the N9 has literally no support, I suggest to stop talking s..t about the flaws probably exclusive for your region...there´s a very few people around here in EU who actually have some bluetooth or reception issues...and if they had, I´m sure they would´ve already changed their phone in Nokia Care already...which you simply can´t in the US..I´m guessing you probably have a faulty unit...get a new one off German or UK eBay or something..

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
what a great community, who like android go to android forum, who love their WP go to wp room, here is for maemo, whatever happened, its clearly TALK.MAEMO.ORG

N900 so buggy but we can handle it, because we build it together, ur all have enough brain to develope it, and dont waste all the time about which is better, so why we cant handle n9 then, come on, come on,