Originally Posted by Janitor X View Post
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this too, but in the calendar, the week starts on a Sunday and can't be changed.
I tried changing it to Monday through "settings --> apps --> calendar" but it stays stuck at Sunday.
In PR1.1, I could change it from Sunday to Monday, but after every restart it would revert back to Sunday and I'd have to change it again.
Other than that PR1.2 seems to be working fine (OTA update, 16GB/Black/Indonesian).
Same Problem here. Tried OTA update, also flashed my device. (16GB/Black/Made In China/Malaysian)

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by zig_n900 View Post
Same Problem here. Tried OTA update, also flashed my device. (16GB/Black/Made In China/Malaysian)
Well it's definately a bug if the setting doesn't affect anything. Maybe try and change regional setting to something else and see if it changes anything. Just to troubleshoot further, I know it's not a feasible workaround even if it would change anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to Soppa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by zig_n900 View Post
My 64GB Black Malaysia starts on Monday by default. Seems to be a lot of these unexplainable oddities in PR 1.2.

On a separate note, I'm starting to notice "issues" with my (newly flashed) PR 1.2 64GB N9.

Battery Life

Most people are reporting much improved battery life - I'm experiencing the exact opposite. With conservative use of 3.5G; on only when I need it, disconnect otherwise, I'm at ~50% after 4 hours. During the 4 hours, I listened to music via a BT headset for maybe 2 hour, on and off Twitter, navigation via Drive for about 20 minutes. After a couple of days with PR 1.2, approx 8-10 hours with this "conservative" usage is what I would expect. On PR 1.1, I'd expect close to double that figure with the same "conservative" usage.

According to the Battery Usage app, under MeeGo system, CPU load average is reported to be +30%. I don't recall the numbers from PR 1.1, but this does seem a "bit" high. Terminal confirms this - listening to music via BT results in a good 20% consistently consumed by qmafw and another 10% by pulse audio. Can someone confirm these numbers? Which brings me to the next point...

Not responding

On Twitter and the default browser especially (occurs with other apps as well), a dialog box pops up saying "XXX is not responding. End task?". It doesn't happen consistently, but it does happen a fair bit. Occasionally, the default browser appears to have issues rendering a page - resulting in either the page appearing completely black, or just plain incorrectly rendered (alignment, etc.). Occasionally, the page renders zoomed out (as usual), but double tapping or using pinch to zoom results in extremely blur font similar to what usually happens for a short time before the browser re-renders the text - except the text remains blur regardless of how long I wait.

I'll attempt to reflash the phone later on... and hopefully these issues will disappear and I'll get to enjoy the PR 1.2 that everyone is talking about.

Dictionary does not remember the words added. And yes it is sluggish when the new notification is swiped, sometimes i will enter my password and wait and see that it slowy recognizes and takes to the sms screen later.
I have added same words to dictionary like 50 times now.
Also you have to keep opening the accuweather for it to show you the current weather on the feed screen every time your connection changes,

Last edited by somedude; 2012-03-04 at 15:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
AP mobile event feed, always not update self. Need to open the apps, then disable and enable the event feed. It will update a period, but later it will stop update, need to disable and enable again..

Originally Posted by Soppa View Post
Well it's definately a bug if the setting doesn't affect anything. Maybe try and change regional setting to something else and see if it changes anything. Just to troubleshoot further, I know it's not a feasible workaround even if it would change anything.
Yup, that did the trick. I was on US (English) in the regional settings, so I switched to Indonesia, tried changing the first day of the week from Sunday to Monday, and it worked...

After that, I switched the regional settings back to US, and lo and behold the first day of the week is still Monday!

The Following User Says Thank You to Janitor X For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Reem View Post
The contacts option is gone in mfe for syncing contacts in gmail. So there is no way of syncing contacts with gmail. It was the in pr 1.1.
Is this any different than pr1.1? You can sync the contacts with gmail using mail for exchange account. That's how I have had it always set up. So I'd imagine it's because the google account has never supported contacts, only mail and chat.

After getting the update my phone had flat out frozen twice over several days..had never happened before. Will try to remember what i have open more frequently so that i can give you more info, buy i really do not have many apps nor do i mess with dev mode... I Have a singapore black 16gb

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Mine bricked after the update. Couldn't flash it either, was giving me an error with large yellow triangle and device no working properly. Sent it to PALCO in the USA to try to flash it for me. What a piece of crap for a phone.
I wish there was a block list option, I'd put you on it.

Edit: found the ignore list option. Lumiaman: Ignored.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Last edited by Arie; 2012-03-04 at 22:56.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'd love to see some posts weeded out of this thread. There's no use for them at all...

Anyway, back to the errors... I've noticed that phone numbers don't show the proper name always. In fact, I've almost missed phone calls because it wouldn't show a name 'til the third or so ring.

I've seen folks have that problem with PR1.1, but I'm seeing it in my call list, as well as when I receive phone calls.