Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
I'll pay $740 if it has maemo on it. The HW design is nice but not sure about symbian 3 OS, $740 is way too high IMO.
I definitely liked the form factor of the E7 when compared to the N900. For me to pay that price for E7 is not reasonable enough as it misses on few things which I would like to have for a device of that price:
1. microSD card slot
2. The old processor (ARM11) doesn't cut it for me! [Browsing will be a pain with it]
3. No FM Transmitter
4. No Nokia 2.0mm charging connector (I can live with this but still)
5. Screen resolution: 640 X 360 is not enough for a 4" screen

On the good side:
1. 4" AMOLED CBD Display (16:9)
2. Anodized aluminium build quality
3. 4-row keyboard
4. Good graphics chip (BCM)
5. Penta-band support
6. Good talk & standby times
7. Office integration support
8. Offline OVI Maps [Navigation]

So, in simple terms, I wish for MeeGo/maemo OS in a form factor of the E7 with few hardware (internal) bumps!
N950, will it be "the one"?

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia

it is already out in saudi arabia shops. not going to buy it.

me waiting for n9, or n950

Last edited by lolloo; 2011-03-09 at 10:36.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
That price is silly, you can get an ipad for that.

Given the dead end OS and dodgy looking future for the OS in general it isn't really future proof.

Anti-Nokia Ambassador

The Following User Says Thank You to twigleaf1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post

Given the dead end OS and dodgy looking future for the OS in general it isn't really future proof.
Does seem like quite a bit for that toy. What would be your price point for something like the n9 that was shown in many posts (pick your favorite)?

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i can have an atrix or LG optimus for $600-670.

This is too much for a device made with aluminum.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
This is a Nokia con by all standards, it is using the old cpu outdated now and trying to get flagship prices for it ! what a dammmm ripoff.

Anyone with any sence will go no where near this piece of shite.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
as much as i hate the way things operate here in the US with all the ridiculous contracts and carrier locking, nokia really needs to start selling some carrier-subsidized phones if they want to dent the US market

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post

since when was an Ipad a handset :S

Maybe the only reason that the price is that high is because this is the first 4 inch smartphone they made besides of the aluminum body and the qwerty board. =)

That awesome four row keyboard speaks business.
The familiar symbian user interface " "
The nice battery life " "
The WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100 " "
The muted brushed aluminum look " "
None of those features speak business. They speak "smartphone". Nice battery life has nothing to do with "business" phones, that's just a phone feature. My Desire Z has great battery life and its not a business phone. The N8 has pentaband 3G, and it's not a business phone. Again, my Desire Z is partially brushed aluminium, and it's not a business phone. Symbian is available on music phones like the XM5530 or the tried and true N95. Not business phones, just high end phones.

Same for things like office integration. Business phones are dead. Nowadays, every phone has a built in office apps, I mean like Calender, calculator, or notes. Nowadays, any old smartphone has available office apps some way or another, whether it be integrated, Office To Go, or Quick Office. Any smartphone can do email and Exchange sync.

So, again, my point is that as a phone for the business user, nothing stands out against any other phone.

The e7 will have full flash in a update this or next month the n8 also.
As happy as I am for Nokias getting decent flash, I will say that you shouldn't have to wait a month. Nokia should have worked with Adobe to get flash out the door instead of sitting on their asses since MWC 2010.

Last edited by mattbutsko; 2011-03-10 at 00:33.