Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle, WA
So I've noticed that Numpty Physics has been getting quite a bit of attention in the past few days, and I've been surprised that so little attention is being given to Tomiphy. Is this just due to a lack of exposure to Tomiphy, or is there more to it? For myself, there's something to the simplicity of Numpty Physics that makes it more appealing for gameplay. That being said, I think Tomiphy has a bigger "coolness" factor for showing off the N**0s because of the wider range of possibilities. (The chain option is especially neat.) Thoughts?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baksiidaa For This Useful Post:
Well, the developer of tomiphy said it was of barely runnable speed, etc. So I think a lot less people installed it. (I didn't yet, though I probably will.)

Edit: Now that I look, it doesn't say that at all... it says barely acceptable.

Last edited by Benson; 2008-04-04 at 17:31.

Hmm, I must have missed that note. It seems to run at a decent speed on my N800--it's a little slow, but I think I just figured that the gravity was set to be low.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Tomiphy's not that slow, but gets very slow with more movable objects... Its not bad, but maybe because its not that colorful is the reason for less attention.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
I like em both. No issues of speed here with Tomiphy. My son loves Tomiphy, I don't think at 4 years old he's ready to tackle some of the puzzles in Numpty however.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
. . . but maybe because its not that colorful is the reason for less attention.
You've got a good point there. I think Tomiphy would look a lot better with thicker lines, which would make the color more visible. The grayscale background and buttons could use some color too.

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
maybe more people would try Tomiphy if it could install its own required libraries without needing to manually become root ...

Just installed it - this thing is a blast! I really hope it continues to develop!

Originally Posted by Tabster View Post
maybe more people would try Tomiphy if it could install its own required libraries without needing to manually become root ...
I did it with red pill mode.

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
yep - that is how I got it. But still not easy