Notices

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Anybody who got it all working? First couldn't do the walljump, installed other version. Now it doesn't play at all. Start a new game and crashes . . .

I installed the version from Extras-testing and I don't have any crash or character movement restriction.

I only have the issue described by HtheB on the "Page 2" of this thread (exactly the same) : on some places (always the same places), I have graphical glitches (as if two parts of the landscape could not be linked together). When my character is near those places, the game framerate falls (near to about 10 FPS) and all the game is slow.

Is there any solution to fix this issue ?

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by pH5 View Post
Seems the development game data at this point was missing some precompiled parts. You can start Frogatto using
Code:
/usr/games/frogatto --no-compiled --fullscreen
until this is fixed.
Just as a heads up, to me it was only needed to do it as long as I did the first save. After that, the shortcut in the desktop worked, but just to the "load" door.

Btw, I did a shortcut with the --no-compiled argument instead of the standard --compiled, and it didn't work (as a shortcut). Strange.

Last edited by Temporal; 2010-12-14 at 14:19.

Haven't read the thread, but 1.0.3+svn3926-maemo1 crashes as soon as I enter new game on PR1.3...

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Same for me . . . seems like Frogatto has been f*cked up.

Same for me... Please update it.

EDIT(SLOVED): I run it via "run-standalone.sh /usr/games/frogatto --fullscreen", saved the game and now it is working with standard icon

Last edited by Honza.; 2010-12-14 at 21:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to Honza. For This Useful Post:
I've tried that, but I get the same result ;(

The argument "--no-compiled" seems to fix my slow down and buggy landscape issue. But loadings seems to be more long. So I don't think I will modify definitly my shortcut.

Thanks for the solution .

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Just as an update, after saving I was able to load the game through the load door, but whenever I have to enter in other door inside the game, it will crash.
So, no real luck |:/

Originally Posted by OperationNT View Post
The argument "--no-compiled" seems to fix my slow down and buggy landscape issue. But loadings seems to be more long. So I don't think I will modify definitly my shortcut.

Thanks for the solution .
Did the editing of the shortcut worked for you? I did a new one with a new name and editing the compiled part - but didn't work.

I never had a crash, just a little issue. So, I decide to do not modify my shortcut : I only try into the terminal the argument.

For information, I use the version of Extras-Testing (not the Extras-Devel one).