i sort of agree but this is how it talked

im gonna tell you about what i thought of the article and when i tell you you will be shocked about what i am gonna say its such a huge deal what i'm gonna say you will not beleive it.

this is it right here: it was long and winded. you dont beleive me but it was! it was so long it was a huge mistake!!

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post
i sort of agree but this is how it talked

im gonna tell you about what i thought of the article and when i tell you you will be shocked about what i am gonna say its such a huge deal what i'm gonna say you will not beleive it.

this is it right here: it was long and winded. you dont beleive me but it was! it was so long it was a huge mistake!!
What , like this forum you mean

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
hey guys c'mon.. i know nokia is having a bad time now.. but they will bounce back.. something inside me tells that N9 will bring success once again to NOKIA.. lets wait.. let N9 hit the roads and then v ll decide about Nokia..

Last edited by visN900; 2011-07-29 at 02:34.

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
There is nothing here you haven't seen, you have been staring at this train wreck for the past year, move along move along.

The only reason people care at all is because Nokia showed some love to the open community before shoving it to the sideline, and before opting for a suicide business plan. I am afraid Elop or no Elop Nokia is out.

I just came to pay my respects and say thank you once again my N810 and N900, sure did make me believe even if it was just a fleeting vision, I knew for a while it could be true.

The only vote I had was to buy and sport the Nokia open plan, but alas spending my money on Nokia's Open plan wasn't enough. I can only imagine to Elop and his brethren, it seemed tainted with the filth of the unkempt wilderness of the open and free internet, when everyone wanted the prefabricated sterile suburbia of iOS. So sad. But so long, and thanks again.

My n900 is still hanging in there but I now look for a stable alternate. most of all i will miss all the help and enthusiasm of the community. thank you all! - you too Nokia.... But NOT those mean contractors who squish innovation with WONTFIX to ease there work load.

XXX OOO have fun all.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to timwatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
On Twitter I even heard a joke saying the scale of Elop's error is so big, the term 'Osborne Effect' becomes obsolete now, and is now known as the 'Elop Effect'.
"Elop Effect" is in fact a different, but much worse, scenario of Osborne Effect, as Osborne only mistakenly killed his current line of product in favor of his own unreleased product, but Elop deliberately kills his current line of product in favor of someone else's product which was immediately declared obsoleted by its producer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
A lot of speculation, not a lot of hope... I can remember when Apple was less than 13.00 USD per share, Gil Amelio was pretty much the worst thing for the company despite being a darling at National Semi-Conductor and returning that company from losses to profitability.

Sounds familiar? Change the names and you got Nokia's current situation almost perfectly.

Mind you, companies cycle up and down. This is a downward spiral at the moment. Who knows what it will take, but should things turn around, it'll be in the very, very long-term where this kind of speculation will be rendered useless and wholly inaccurate.

In fact... it's already quite useless and inaccurate; just echoed a lot more loudly due to things like forums, Twitter, Google+, et al. As it stands, let's just see how things play out.

Calling for the end... too early for that. Even a pessimist like myself can say that with full confidence.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Calling for the end... too early for that. Even a pessimist like myself can say that with full confidence.
It is too early, even I agree... but man, you can't help feeling like it's HEADING there. I'm sure there'll never be a "last one turn the lights out" moment but I have to wonder how long until someone buys them up just to rape them for their patents.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
It is too early, even I agree... but man, you can't help feeling like it's HEADING there. I'm sure there'll never be a "last one turn the lights out" moment but I have to wonder how long until someone buys them up just to rape them for their patents.
Heading there? Hell yes.

But if it will get there is where I have doubts. I mean, if the EU can bail out Greece, I'm sure they'll do the same for Nokia.

Maybe.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Ahum, Gerbick. The European Parliament is not known for it's smart decisions and coherent thinking. And even less for it's support of the population.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
Ahum, Gerbick. The European Parliament is not known for it's smart decisions and coherent thinking. And even less for it's support of the population.
I did say maybe.

Tags
bada rox, goodbye nokia, no-kia