Well, heres what happened when I eventually worked out the enabling Google Sync was the key for MfE to work on Google Apps Premier:

- I deleted my IMAP email account
- Changed the calendar name in the settings for MfE to Mail for Exchange calendar
- Set contacts to delete existing contacts on the device

Then the email stalled the sync so:

- I deselected email

And the sync worked correctly with Calendar and contacts

- I reselected email

And the email account was created, but the sync failed. Interestingly, I can send email perfectly, but cannot see the inbox...so it is almost working.

Any ideas to make the inbox visible?

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by ukdude View Post
Hi Tomster,

Have you used mfefolders. I am finding the app takes about 30 seconds to open and then closes after 30 seconds before i finish any settings.

Any advise out there is much appreciated.

Eug
Did you make sure that the sync process isn't running?
You do see all folders though just can't make any settings, right?

I never experienced such problems in setting up MfEfolders so far.

Hi Everyone,

I have a very strange problem.

I am running the latest maemo release, running Excange 2003 with all service packs and updates.
I have my mfe account setup without SSL, using all other default settings.
I am connected via a very good 3G connection.
Syncing works fine.

I can send new e-mails ok, most of the time.
I can also reply to some e-mails, but only if they are very small, if it goes over a certain size it just sits in the outbox for ages and times out and fails after about 3 minutes. I am still experimenting to try and find the threshold at which it will fail. i also get the following error in the httperror log on the server:

Code:
2010-02-11 17:44:35 xx.xxx.xxx.xxx 30790 192.168.1.10 80 HTTP/1.1 POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=Ping&DeviceId=<imeihere>&DeviceType=SmartPhone 400 1 BadRequest ExchangeApplicationPool
The kicker is: if i connect via wireless it works perfectly, all the time

any idea if this is a known bug or something wrong with my setup?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to csuke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ukdude View Post
I am finding the app takes about 30 seconds to open and then closes after 30 seconds before i finish any settings.
Could you let me know which version are you using? Also, if you're able to reproduce it 100%, please start it from terminal (run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/mfefolders/mfefolders.py) so if you get an error it will remain displayed.

I don't have access to an MS Exchange server atm, so there could be some cases (lots of folders, complex subfolder structure, etc) which I didn't test yet.
MfEfolders - Enable/disable MfE sync on a folder by folder basis; locally rename mail folders

The Following User Says Thank You to THavoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by THavoc View Post
Could you let me know which version are you using? Also, if you're able to reproduce it 100%, please start it from terminal (run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/mfefolders/mfefolders.py) so if you get an error it will remain displayed.

I don't have access to an MS Exchange server atm, so there could be some cases (lots of folders, complex subfolder structure, etc) which I didn't test yet.
THAvoc I want just to say THANK YOU for the utility MFEFolders.
It is very useful though it is quite simple.
Since you seem very skilled in this area and N900 programming, do you think you could add some features to the sync ability of N900 or improve N900 Modest functionality ?
I'm referring to things like having the MFE folder nested like in the original Outlook structure (at least give the option to show in nested way or not), or add local search, better filters/sort capability to Modest ect...

Anyway thanks a lot for the contribute and compliments for the really nice avatar :-)

SkyEagle

The Following User Says Thank You to SkyEagle For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stathonm View Post
You say Exchange 2007 works but I cannot get it to work. I've used the same settings that were on my 5800 XpressMusic but still won't connect. I've tried different versions of my domain name, user name with and without domain etc.... can't get it to work. Is there a step by step instruction guide?

Thanks
:-) UPDATE

i got a "proper" certificate for our exchange server from godaddy.com & now I can get my emai on my N900! Yippie

The Following User Says Thank You to stathonm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SkyEagle View Post
THAvoc I want just to say THANK YOU for the utility MFEFolders.It is very useful though it is quite simple.
Welcome :-)

Originally Posted by SkyEagle View Post
Since you seem very skilled in this area and N900 programming, do you think you could add some features to the sync ability of N900 or improve N900 Modest functionality ? I'm referring to things like having the MFE folder nested like in the original Outlook structure (at least give the option to show in nested way or not), or add local search, better filters/sort capability to Modest ect...
MfE is not open source, so atm. only Nokia can add any new feature, and I'm sorry to say but modifying Modest is way over my head. As for the tree structure for the mail folders, I looked into it for MfEfolders, but I couldn't find a tree widget on the N900, not even a single app which can do that, so any solution would be some kind of hack.
MfEfolders - Enable/disable MfE sync on a folder by folder basis; locally rename mail folders

Originally Posted by csuke View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have a very strange problem.

I am running the latest maemo release, running Excange 2003 with all service packs and updates.
I have my mfe account setup without SSL, using all other default settings.
I am connected via a very good 3G connection.
Syncing works fine.

I can send new e-mails ok, most of the time.
I can also reply to some e-mails, but only if they are very small, if it goes over a certain size it just sits in the outbox for ages and times out and fails after about 3 minutes. I am still experimenting to try and find the threshold at which it will fail. i also get the following error in the httperror log on the server:

Code:
2010-02-11 17:44:35 xx.xxx.xxx.xxx 30790 192.168.1.10 80 HTTP/1.1 POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=Ping&DeviceId=<imeihere>&DeviceType=SmartPhone 400 1 BadRequest ExchangeApplicationPool
The kicker is: if i connect via wireless it works perfectly, all the time

any idea if this is a known bug or something wrong with my setup?

Thanks.
I notice the IP is 192.168.1.10... is that your local device IP on wifi? It doesn't seem like a likely 3G IP; if this is on 3G are you connected via VPN?

If you're mainly having trouble on 3G over non-ssl HTTP, it could be a broken transparent proxy they're forcing you through. Is there any way to use SSL with your company's exchange server?

What about setting up your own SSL proxy somewhere and using that? (ie. a server you have accessible from the 'net)

the local ip address is the internal address of our exchange server. my internet address is xx' d out for privacy. i setup our exchange box and it does not go through any proxies

i fail to see why ssl would be causing issues on large emails but not small

Originally Posted by csuke View Post
the local ip address is the internal address of our exchange server. my internet address is xx' d out for privacy. i setup our exchange box and it does not go through any proxies

i fail to see why ssl would be causing issues on large emails but not small
I meant not using SSL could cause issues. SSL protects the payload from transparent proxies, and if your telco has one running (quite likely) it could be damaging plaintext content (ie. caching inappropriately, changing headers, etc).

It was just a thought.

The Following User Says Thank You to nightfire For This Useful Post:

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!