Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Lithuania
Hi, i am looking for a solution how to set up the exchange server in the n900 not to receive spam from GMAIL...

My previous phone (iphone) was revceiving only inbox folder.

Pretty anoying to get email every minute.
So if some could give me a hint on how to change this, please. Would be really greatfull.
Thanks.

Last edited by colouny; 2010-02-17 at 22:43.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by colouny View Post
Hi, i am looking for a solution how to set up the exchange server in the n900 not to receive spam from GMAIL...

So if some could give me a hint on how to change this, please. Would be really gratfull.
Thanks.
You can use MfEfolders to select which folders to sync. It's still in extras-testing though, so the usual warnings apply.

Thanks, will try "MfEfolders" and report i back.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland

So if some could give me a hint on how to change this, please. Would be really gratfull.
Thanks.
You use gmail imap? You can enable from google labs imap hide feature which hides selected folders for imap connection.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
You can use MfEfolders to select which folders to sync. It's still in extras-testing though, so the usual warnings apply.

Cannot find that program, could you pint me on the right way?

Seems to be in Extras-testing
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing

After reading warnings read:
"How to activate Extras-testing"

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Seems to be in Extras-testing
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing

After reading warnings read:
"How to activate Extras-testing"
Pretty hard to install it for a beginner, it depends on something that i havent installed already.

Will try some time later, time to sleep now....

But thanks for the hint, glad to know that there is a solution.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
You use gmail imap? You can enable from google labs imap hide feature which hides selected folders for imap connection.
Yup, have enabled in the labs. But cant seem to find the option hode the folders... Maybe i am looking at the wring place? The place where i am looking it attached in the picture. If you have suceeded to make it work, could you please let me know. Thanks
Attached Images

You can use MfEfolders only if you're using Mail for Exchange, not IMAP. But Nokia's MfE is not comaptible with with GMail yet.
Ah, and IMAP is not syncing the SENT folder, that may be an issue for you.

You can take a look at Nokia Messaging which is free, supports both GMail and push, and you can also select which folders to sync.
MfEfolders - Enable/disable MfE sync on a folder by folder basis; locally rename mail folders

Yup, have enabled in the labs. But cant seem to find the option hode the folders... Maybe i am looking at the wring place? The place where i am looking it attached in the picture. If you have suceeded to make it work, could you please let me know. Thanks
After enabling it go to settings->labels And you see new checkbox besides labels(folders?)