http://www.iappclass.com/7inch-apple-ipad-2-61.html

Apple iPad 2 availability is comfirmed by Economic Daily News (Taiwan Major newspaper). It said that a number of Taiwanese vendors have won the contract to manufacture the long anticipated iPad 2, including Chimei Innolux (for its 7-inch LCD panel), AU Optronics (for its capacitive touch sensitive display layer), Foxconn (Hon Hai – manufacturer to assembly the end product), and Compal (a famous e-book and tablet PC maker in Taiwan).
1- iPad 2 will use smaller panel at diagonal 7-inch as compared to 9.7-inch for current iPad.
2- iPad 2 Weight: 1.1 pounds (versus 1.5 pounds for existing model)
3- iPad 2 is powered with ARM Cortex-A9 processor (current version is based on Cortex-A8 architecture).
4- Equipped with 512MB memory RAM
5- Storage capacity of iPad 2 will be vary in size and models.
I kinda doubt the 7 inch screen myself, given this would be a quick reversal on Steve Jobs argument that they are "dead on arrival". I personally hope not as I was looking forward to buying an iPad2. Especially for Good Reader as I may be going into a PhD program.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I don't believe the 7" screen either... since Samsung went the other way and created a 10" successor to GTab themselves.

Btw, if you need to write/draw on iPads (or any capacitive screen), check out this design:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHhB2BF5yQM

It works REALLY well. I'm using one with antistatic wrapper as the transparent tip and I can write normally. Now, if only iOS supports systemwide HWR...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Well the picture is really self explanatory
Attached Images

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I don't believe the 7" screen either... since Samsung went the other way and created a 10" successor to GTab themselves.

Btw, if you need to write/draw on iPads (or any capacitive screen), check out this design:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHhB2BF5yQM

It works REALLY well. I'm using one with antistatic wrapper as the transparent tip and I can write normally. Now, if only iOS supports systemwide HWR...
Thanks, I was looking into styluses. What I am currently thinking is there were a bunch of iPad2 and iPad3 rumors. Perhaps the 7 inch screens are for a iPad variant. But again it seems Steve would be eating his words.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Yep.

Personally, I don't see the need to reduce the size. You can't pocket a 7" tablet anyway.

I would take lighter and higher resolution over smaller form factor.

(Then again I've never personally tried the 7" Gtab)
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
As far as stylus' go, I'm using the oStylus and loving it.