http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=adYA2Q31tWmY

And yet he doesn't do some of the things that we advocate on this board. The path to kicking Apple's butt is pretty clear in my mind.

Last edited by me2000; 2010-02-25 at 18:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to me2000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Southend On Sea , Uk
I don't think i've ever heard of nodia . Do they make good stuff ?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Overall it's a decent article, but IMO glosses over too many positive points in order to cast a largely negative light on Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by allmine1976 View Post
I don't think i've ever heard of nodia . Do they make good stuff ?
Yes i would like to hear more about this Nodia! I heard their new M3000 sink got excellent finish, but a bit small

... yes i'm a kid.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=adYA2Q31tWmY

And yet he doesn't do some of the things that we advocate on this board. The path to kicking Apple's butt is pretty clear in my mind.
Remember though that the Maemo section of Nokia is tiny. The pain that has first to be accepted is letting Symbian off the top shelf. Maemo/MeeGo/Whatever else it is now, needs to stabilise and that takes time, resources and planning. Bit slow on the up take but you have to get the foundations in place first.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
Hehe.

N97 users want Symbian^3 on there phones (See comments after article)

http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/...-by-end-of-q1/

I can see a pattern emerging ... Top of the line models users are expecting Nokia to upgrade phone to next version software.

In my opinion it's only fair.
These users are paying big money for something which is evolving, which in the next iteration will be middle of the line and better suited to the expectations of the users.

From a economic point of view it doesn't make any sense.
From a "creating a solid client base" point of view, it makes perfect sense.

Last edited by Robb; 2010-02-25 at 17:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Robb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ecuador
I have a Nodia N900, its really a crap, not like a Nokia N900

I personally think that if nokia really want to rival the iphone specifically then they should bring another device out with maemo 5 but not a tablet and without a qwerty keyboard so that way it is lighter. And they should have some general apps installed on the desktops.
With that being said, all that needs to be done is giving it a nice look and feel.

The reason I mention it having maemo os 5 and not meego or maemo 6 is so that us n900 users dont feel as if we've been kicked in the nuts.

The Following User Says Thank You to badboyuk For This Useful Post:
So if Nokia had a policy of upgrading old phones to the latest software, their loyal customers would be more inclined to upgrade to the latest phones and ditch their old phones

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA, Maine
i thought the article was very encouraging. Before any company can fix problems they must first recognize the problems exist and from the quotes in this article Nokia clearly understands they must change going forward. For all the limitations the IPhone may have, the phone buying public is sure buying a lot of them. The N900 may be but a blip on the Nokia Sales charts today but it is the first step towards the future. I am really looking forward to future updates and apps so my N900 will do what it is so capable of doing.