Originally Posted by flipalong View Post
dont forget that 2ghz phone that motorolla said would come out in 2011 http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/10/m...-end-so-do-we/
nokia and motorola are goin to merge(entire deal in 6months time)...(inside info)!!!

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Also I notice the A9 is out-of-order execution, that in itself makes its more efficient I believe.

I do not understand it exactly but its something along the lines of being able choose which command to execute next out of the queue (for efficiency) rather than being force to do them in the exact order they are in the queue.

Also lets not forget that with good power management and two cores it can always disable one core entirely if not needed, or clock them both down to insanely low speeds. I would think that with two cores it should make the process of switching from low to high speed a lot smoother to the end user, as any sudden need for CPU cycles is not going to bog down the CPU as badly.

Of course this is all assuming that they are improving the flash memory in the phones as well. It always seems to be IO that is the big problem as the flash in phones is barely any better than SD cards, a long way away from the speed SSDs or even HDDs can do. You can't help thinking they are deliberately holding back so they can sell us the next big thing every 12 months.
don't forget that those logic boards are seriously space restricted. SSD controllers are huge and fast memory BGA chips are expensive. But I think that problem will go away when the finally start producing SDXCs that IO problem with the ROM will be gone.

Tags
dual-core, lg optimus 2x