Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Well.. I am not being a fanboy of any company, but I personally don't like Android that much.. :/

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'm hoping to become one of the first people to toss my desktop entirely and just use my N900, my Kindle and a yet-to be purchased tablet. As it is, I'm no longer using my laptops, though I do dally with my desktop from time to time.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
geneven: I am almost at that point myself. Lack of sufficient technical knowledge to get stuff like printer driver installed and printing from FreOffice (if it's not completely stripped out of it) working prevents me from fully doing so. Oh, flash 10.1 is a ***** too, for obvious reasons. (Plus minor occasional little things). But I have noticed a severe drop in computer use ever since I got the N900.

Heres a detailed look at the production hardware and the definitely nice Eden interface that they cooked up
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/n...preview-video/

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I don't think that anything running vanilla Android (be it version 1.0 or 10.0) can compete in 2011. Customized, manufacturer identifiable UIs are a must in order not to be mistaken with yet another Chinese bulk product.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by cjp View Post
I don't think that anything running vanilla Android (be it version 1.0 or 10.0) can compete in 2011. Customized, manufacturer identifiable UIs are a must in order not to be mistaken with yet another Chinese bulk product.
exactly... and that is what Eden is. Its a custom UI allowing multi-tasking on top of stock Android on Adam.

Seems the Notion Ink Adam is shipping finally.

And for some unboxing photos...
http://notionink.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/my-box/

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Seems the Notion Ink Adam is shipping finally.

And for some unboxing photos...
http://notionink.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/my-box/
Great news! I've been wondering if this thing would ever see the light of day.. Looks incredibly sweet.

HDMI out is one of the things I'd really like to see someone take advantage of.. if this thing could run Boxxee, it could really be killer in a home theatre

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
geneven: I am almost at that point myself. Lack of sufficient technical knowledge to get stuff like printer driver installed and printing from FreOffice (if it's not completely stripped out of it) working prevents me from fully doing so. Oh, flash 10.1 is a ***** too, for obvious reasons. (Plus minor occasional little things). But I have noticed a severe drop in computer use ever since I got the N900.
Interesting thought...is printing possible from a n900? I have a bluetooth printer, and there are also wifi printers.

Because, really, if you can open a doc in a browser, pdf viewer, or open office, and then send it wirelessly, there's no earthly reason you couldn't print (other than the lack of specific drivers)...

Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
Great news! I've been wondering if this thing would ever see the light of day.. Looks incredibly sweet.

HDMI out is one of the things I'd really like to see someone take advantage of.. if this thing could run Boxxee, it could really be killer in a home theatre
There is a very good review of the Notion Ink here... and at around 3:50 mins he reviews the HDMI output to a 50In LCD TV. Pretty impressive I must say.

You are damn right - Boxee on this thing would rock. Or even Hulu Plus - as I just subscribed to it

Tags
eatspoo, inhisbutt, rocks, tegra 2