Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
First of all, my apologies if this can be considered as "off-topic". Then please, move it to the right place if it is not related to "Applications Talk".

My question is this: is there any possibility to open local PST files (Outlook files) not provided by (hosted in) Exchange Server but copied from local desktop hard disk to N900 memory card? Could it be done preferly with MfE with any specific configuration? Maybe with another mail client?

Many many thanks in advance!
And many many thanks to the Community in general for your great effort to keep our device alive!

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Certainly not with MfE anyway. That can only talk to Exchange servers via the MfE protocol, it has no knowledge whatsoever of Microsoft's various PST file formats.

There do look to be some open-source tools to convert some PST file formats to standard MBOX files, but you'll need something to read those as well - mutt is available on the N900 and should manage that as a command-line tool.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
Thanks so much, Rob1n. I didn't have too many expectations on an easy/available solution.