Closed Thread
Reading all those maintainer-related issues, I can't help wondering - whatever happened to Jeremiah's ITP project? It looked like (back then we had reporting and transparency) it was nearly complete over two years ago, but now even the prototype is gone. Could it be finished up and deployed?

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Could you help me ? I would like to be the maintainer of IPython :
http://maemo.org/packages/view/ipython/
for Maemo 4 and 5, so I could promote the packages to extras-testing, etc. See more details of IPython in the IPython for Maemo 4 & 5 & 6 topic.

I have release today a new version of IPython (with separated documentation in 'ipython-doc') for Maemo 4 & 5. I also released some months ago IPython 0.10.2 for MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan.

My signature shows that I am an active Maemo 4 & 5 & 6 developer, with Python softwares for mathematical & scientific use. I have current and future projects which depend on IPython (SymPy, etc).

Today I have contacted the current maintainer, Bruno Araujo. But in November I have contacted him without any answer about IPython updates, etc. So I am not sure I will be answered any time soon.
I think we can help. We are in the process of updating package promotion procedures and orphaned packages can be part of that. It seems like you have been quite patient already, but it might take a little while more. thanks for explaining your situation

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Reading all those maintainer-related issues, I can't help wondering - whatever happened to Jeremiah's ITP project? It looked like (back then we had reporting and transparency) it was nearly complete over two years ago, but now even the prototype is gone. Could it be finished up and deployed?
Jeremiah is not active anymore. My sense is that we don't have the resources, and perhaps as strong a need, for that project anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
I think we can help. We are in the process of updating package promotion procedures and orphaned packages can be part of that. It seems like you have been quite patient already, but it might take a little while more. thanks for explaining your situation
Thanks, now I am an additional maintainer of IPython.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
@SD69:

Now I uploaded new version of kernel-power (v50) to extras autobuilder for compiling. Autobuilder compiled it without problems, see https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fre....28-10power50/

But packages was not uploaded to extras-devel repository and are not visible in package interface, see:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d.../kernel-power/

Old problem was that packages was in repository but interface does not see it (I couldnt promove it).

Now problem is that packages are NOT in repository, so users cannot update it...

This is not normal situation!!! Can you help me?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Please can someone 'in power' clarify if maemo.org allows linking to warez/piracy sites? In the Terms of Use/Legal pages it's quite clear that it's not allowed, yet we have posts like this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1179244 which I have reported due to it being a blantant link to warez, but nothing has been done.

This is not an isolated incident.

Last edited by jedi; 2012-03-16 at 11:55.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post

This is not normal situation!!! Can you help me?
Is Niels still ignoring you? Don't take it personally. He's ignoring the testing squad and package promotion effort too. Is there even something like "I'm busy now, I'll get to it next week"?

I give you credit for the effort you keep making. Personally, I think it may be time we all move to Plan B...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
[...] Personally, I think it may be time we all move to Plan B...
anything specific about "Plan B" yet?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Does the council know when the final date will be when Nokia pulls the plug on TMO?
financial support (from NOKIA) stopping on 31-dec-2012...

EDIT: the currant contract for financing the web site is ending on 31-dec-2012; it is (as far as i'm aware of) not stated yet whether it will not be renewed after that...

Last edited by misterc; 2012-03-19 at 03:05. Reason: financing stopping vs. end of currant contract

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
financial support (from NOKIA) stopping on 31-dec-2012...

EDIT: the currant contract for financing the web site is ending on 31-dec-2012; it is (as far as i'm aware of) not stated yet whether it will not be renewed after that...
Soooo....there is still a possibility that they may support it? How long are these contracts?

Closed Thread

Tags
council