Active Topics

guys,

i have no idea whether my n800 is faulty or not but the truth is, i found the earbuds supplied is so difficult to use.

I've never used it before since bought my n800, but today I connected it with my n800 for a better quality coversation over Skype, then I found something interesting,

first, it is extermely quiet, I have maximised both master volume and application volume (I tried media player and fm radio) but no difference.
second, the worst thing is, the left bud is much louder than the right bud and if I press the button on the small bit, only left bud sounds but the sound is much louder. I suppose this is used when you are using mic...

third, sometimes I could hear signal interference due to the loose plug because with my own headphone, I didn't experience that. However, if I plug nokia earbuds into my PC, good quality. I noticed the plug got three black rings compared to normal 3.5mm plug which only has two black rings, is it because of that?

The last interesting thing is, if I plug the earbuds half way, then both buds sound good and loud, how come?!

I just wondering if I'm the only one having such problems or all of Nokia N800 users?

Thanks,

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Austria
earphones work good for me.
3 rings because: Audio left, right, mic and ground afair

Maybe the plug wasn't completely plugged in? Happened to me and caused similiar effects.

Edit: I remember that it were "hard" to plug them in the first times.

Last edited by GThreepwood; 2008-12-17 at 14:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to GThreepwood For This Useful Post:
I got to say, you are genius, I tried to push it harder than before until I felt a click then it seemed working very well. thanks a lot!

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Austria
No problem

Am I a genius because I had the same problem?
I don't think so
But at least I learned from my mistakes.