Notices

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Big big big improvement over the last beta, much faster and has more of an expected, normal feel to it, close to MicroB. I do, however, see plenty of not-so-sexy grey honeycomb too when scrolling around. But the speed issue is better so I'm happy

Oh, it did crash on weather.com though - froze up my N900 for about 3 minutes :-/ I'm sure it's not common

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I still feel it slow as hell.

Screen unresponsive from time to time, laggy when changing tabs. The grey honeycombs is not really important compared with the slowness.

P.D. Running with Kernel Power @850Mhz

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I still feel it slow as hell.

Screen unresponsive from time to time, laggy when changing tabs. The grey honeycombs is not really important compared with the slowness.
I have really had the same experience (with both stock and custom kernel) with all the versions of Fennec, never really noticed any difference.

The Following User Says Thank You to aanckar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Beta 5 still feels slow, one or two tabs is ok but with more pages it makes the whole device sluggy.

But... I ran the SunSpider JavaScript Benchmark (v0.9) just for the fun of it and the score was 6322.2 ms! That just throws N900 to the 3rd place of single core devices in Anands list of Sunspider benchmarks.

If we only could get the same JavaScript engine to MicroB!

Last edited by Stonik; 2011-02-24 at 20:36. Reason: Beta 5.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
It seems that if I disable Swappoluble tunings the UI is a bit more responsive, but from time to time it freezes for a while. It's extremely CPU consuming and cannot do any other tasks while using it.

Downloading pages is extremely slow compared to MicroB or with Safari in iPhone 3GS. I don't see the point on this javascript tests.

Tabbed browsing is almost unusable due to the lack of responsiveness.

Nice UI and Firefox Sync could be great but I cannot use it. I'm afraid it won't be usable until we have dual core 1.5 GHz with 1Gb in our pockets.

I have installed firefox beta 5 but after I launch it opens and it freeze. I cannot do any action but going to multitasking and close it from there.
Can anyone knows how can I make it work?

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by Stonik View Post
Beta 5 still feels slow, one or two tabs is ok but with more pages it makes the whole device sluggy.

But... I ran the SunSpider JavaScript Benchmark (v0.9) just for the fun of it and the score was 6322.2 ms! That just throws N900 to the 3rd place of single core devices in Anands list of Sunspider benchmarks.

If we only could get the same JavaScript engine to MicroB!
and nightly build beta 6?

Problem I have with the latest beta is that when its sitting in the background - it is still consuming 75% of my cpu.

Thats just not usable.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

my system runs 5% all the time when fennec in background.

Originally Posted by Croco View Post
I have installed firefox beta 5 but after I launch it opens and it freeze. I cannot do any action but going to multitasking and close it from there.
Can anyone knows how can I make it work?
I've found that that happens to me, too. I have to reboot (or should I say turn my N900 off and then back on) before Firefox Mobile works.

Tags
browser, fennec