Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
According to the forum I seem to be the only one with this PR1.3 bug

After installing PR1.3 yesterday, I today figured out that my chat windows always stay empty. When I receive messages (chat, SMS,...) I get a notification, but when I then open the message window, it is empty. The same is when I write something.

With the application glogarchive I could prove that the messages still are in the database, also the new ones I just wrote.
So it is for sure "only" bug in the message window. and not deeper in the system or database.

Changing the theme to a default one and a reboot did not help

Has anybody a solution for this?
Is there an alternative message application for now?
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Everything broken after 1.3 upgrade

I updated OTA easily (french firmware), but, after rebooting, I have a very strange user interface :
-no more icons, neither widgets
-black theme everywher, with white letters
-not better after installling a new theme : black parts become grey
-pink strip on top of the screen
-crash of some apps (calendar, params)

I must click on the places where I suppose icons are to make actions.

Not very convenient.

an idea on how to fix ?

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Phpman i would try a reflash (and do the emmc) unfortunatley caco, probably the same to you.

But good research into finding it out - very odd problem :|
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

caco3,

I've got exactly same problem....still searching for a cure...but it's very annoying bug! Damn!

I have this problem too, i can see the summary of the message in the conversations window but when i open one to view it, its empty. This applies to all types of messages: SMS, IM etc.

It appeared after i did an OTA update to PR1.3. I then needed to reflash anyway to fix a different issue but this one was not fixed.

I think its similar to this problem reported a while ago with no resolution: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=55198&page=2

Edit:

I have found the solution in Bug 11456 by renaming the rtcom directory in the user folder.

Code:
mv ~/.mozilla/rtcom ~/.mozilla/rtcom.old

Last edited by Cas07; 2010-10-27 at 15:45. Reason: added solution & bug link

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Today I tried it again, did exactly the same upgrade as yesterday.
This time it seems to be ok, the the message window bug is not here.
Maybe it is something which happened on the upgrade.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Originally Posted by phpman View Post
Everything broken after 1.3 upgrade

I updated OTA easily (french firmware), but, after rebooting, I have a very strange user interface :
-no more icons, neither widgets
-black theme everywher, with white letters
-not better after installling a new theme : black parts become grey
-pink strip on top of the screen
-crash of some apps (calendar, params)

I must click on the places where I suppose icons are to make actions.

Not very convenient.

an idea on how to fix ?
+1 - I have exactly the same issue! And it just reboots/shutdown!

i am having the same issue. when i power the device off then on, it is overloaded with the messages that would not display as new messages.

also my video library is no longer in order. :/

i hope there is a fix soon..

BUMP: Is there a fix for this bug yet?

I had this problem too and asked for help in another thread with same problems. Unfortunatly there was no help so I just lived with the problem waiting for my new phone and then suddenly the problem sorted itself out