Active Topics

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
MWKN Weekly News: 17 September 2012

Tim Samoff running for Hildon Foundation board

On Saturday, the nomination period for the Maemo Community Council and (new) Hildon Foundation board opened. Running for two weeks, before elections to both bodies are held, Tim is the first to throw his hat into the ring:

While I haven't been interested in taking part in Council business over the last couple of years, I am still very interested in seeing the advancement of (and even helping to steer) the community into the future. I don't see a lot of hope for Maemo as a specific "product" of any sort (which, in the end, may end up disqualifying me from running for this position), but I am still very hopeful for the community at large. Maemo is more than just a product anyway, it's a philosophy. And, more than any other open source community that I've been involved with, Maemo community members are the most transparent, dedicated, and involved in the life of that philosophy.
Tim has been a member of the Maemo and MeeGo communities from almost the outset, and served on the council three times; each time with your editor - an experience that was extremely positive.
Read more (maemo.org)
Read more (mwkn.net)

In this edition...
  1. Front Page
    • Tim Samoff running for Hildon Foundation board
  2. Applications
    • Amazon Kindle reader app for Nokia N9 now called "Erudite", improved offline usage
  3. Development
    • Windows 8/Metro-style QML components (demoed on Harmattan, works on BlackBerry PlayBook)
    • Beta of Qt Creator 2.6.0, with Android & QNX support, but drops Symbian
  4. Announcements
    • Klippr - N9 client for link organiser, kippit.com

Last edited by Jaffa; 2012-09-17 at 15:50. Reason: Broke Tim's quote

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:

Tags
mwkn_issue, news_digest