Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
OMG Nokia needs to build a phone with i7 3,4Ghz, 8 GB of Ram, and solar panels instead of battery. Relax with the HW wet dreams guys the N9 is what it is it's not gonna change and probably has no future but I love it and will use it for as long as it is usable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by zeebra View Post
it is the best Nokia phone on the market. thanks for your consideration btw.

My dream is not the N9, but the N950 v2.
I have an N9 but i am going to say Lumia 900 is the best nokia phone, in less than a month.

Originally Posted by ENNINE View Post
Camera hardware is excellent. Camera software is not that good.
Video playback can be improved with a small update and that's it.
camera hardware is Ok. whooo cares about video playback.

Elop hates Symbian and MeeGo. He's a Microsoft kid, he took $2 billion and he can do whatever he want. He is the boss.
But AFAIK, he got ****ed up from N9. His favorite phoneshit is outsold by N9, badly.
they reported it was only 500mil last qtr.

I mean, let's make it this way. N9 without any kind of marketing, it wasn't sold in major markets, phone which was dead before sales started - overshot 1.5 milion sales. 2 Lumias (710 and 800) with the best marketing in Nokia's history - just 600 000 units.
Who's crazy? Who should be dead? MeeGo or Elop?
there is no evidence of these numbers, its pure garbage. but i am 99% sure n9 didnt outsell wp7 phones.

Last edited by balisingh; 2012-02-10 at 06:43.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
how more threads for these kind of topics dude's ? there are already thread for posting such things. beside creating threads just post your questions of suggestions in other same kind of threads. HERE is one and HERE is another. creating threads with these topics in TMO wont change a bit.

everyone knows that as long as Elop is CEO this is never going to happen. but it will get worst. So please stop filling TMO with these threads.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qorax View Post
Not necessarily.
There r many who'd never buy a phone with a HKB. They don't need a KB jutting out from their devices... making it unnecessarily bulky and prone to disfigurement. We r pretty happy with a VKB... it solves our purpose.

Similarly there would many who'd desire otherwise. Their usage preferences might call for a phone with HKB. I'd opine that the masses would be divided, with a tad bending towards a non-HKB model. Which is why most phones aren't made that way.

However, the wisest idea would have been to maintain both... and let the users decide. Thus, two variants of the same device - a N9 & a N950 going concurrently, with similar specs could be a better KSP.

Sad, Eflop and [regretfully] the Nokia BoD thought otherwise...
i didnt say it, but a hardware keyboard is so handy when driving. VKBs require too much focus and error prone. i been considering the E7 after getting the N9, but evrytime i watch a youtube video of symbian web browsing, i run and have circular thoughts of owning tha n950
off to youtube to see if someone posted some belle videos on e7.

Last edited by balisingh; 2012-02-10 at 06:45.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
That's nuts! Why not use n900 as a flagship device 2012. Are you crazy?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
One possibility to have only one smartphone in your portfolio and still make HWKBD-fans and non-fans happy would be to make a phone without a keyboard but with some sort of docking port that doubles as a hinge. The keyboard could then be sold as a separate unit turning the phone into a "folder" instead of a slider. Since there wouldn't be much intelligence needed in the keyboard unit it could be very thin and since you don't need the overlapping part a slider needs you could use the whole whole space for a decent keyboard (let's say 5 rows).

As long as Nokia is too ashamed to give actual figures for Lumia and N9 sold we can speculate that N9 outsold Lumia.

Even if it is true that N9 sold 600,000 as opposed to Lumia's 1.2 million this is already a stunning achievement for a phone which is banned from all major markets, declared a dead os by the CEO himself, priced stiffly and is given little promotion in contrast to Lumia which has been given the most extensive promotion in Nokia history, deep subsidies with carrier contracts, free xbox in U.K., etc. How many will N9 sell if it is given proper treatment by Nokia? Isn't Elop ashamed for trying to beat down Nokia's home grown os in favour of an external one?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Newham Vic
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Why not put all functions into one phone, so everyone gets what they want like the Iphone model?
That would be....intelligent?

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
As long as Nokia is too ashamed to give actual figures for Lumia and N9 sold we can speculate that N9 outsold Lumia.

Even if it is true that N9 sold 600,000 as opposed to Lumia's 1.2 million this is already a stunning achievement for a phone which is banned from all major markets, declared a dead os by the CEO himself, priced stiffly and is given little promotion in contrast to Lumia which has been given the most extensive promotion in Nokia history, deep subsidies with carrier contracts, free xbox in U.K., etc. How many will N9 sell if it is given proper treatment by Nokia? Isn't Elop ashamed for trying to beat down Nokia's home grown os in favour of an external one?
Very well said!