Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
lol, specc is lumiaman room-mate,

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
As I said, I have "countless" dead phones and gadgets lying around, all from the early stages of mobile phones and PIMs. It will continue to stay that way.

A bit more serious. The N9 was a nice device, but not in the same league as the N900. The way I see it, the N9 was a "commercially refined" N900. Too commercial to be really geeky, and too unfinished to be a commercial success. Good looking and more practical on a day to day basis, but the N900 was more fun.

As for now my Lumia 800 must be used, then it will also be dead due to whatever gadget that seem cool. Probably a WP8 PureView, possible the 808, but the Galaxy Nexus is also nice. At the top of the list is the Nexus 7 though.

In any case: The Maemo/MeeGo/Nokia (N8X0, 900, 9) endeavour is finished. It is finished in the same way that Palm is finished (got several dead Palm devices). The same way Symbian is (very soon) to be finished. WM, UiQ, all dead, got several of those as well. The end is here. There is no more, time to move on. This has happened several times before, and it will happen again. This is life, get over it. This doesn't mean that from time to time, I take out some old relic, fire it up just to see if it still runs.

A community based development may very well work. It may work just fine, even be competitive with commercial stuff. But there must be a foundation, inspiration and life. For this to happen, a steady flow of HW is needed. This is the single most important point. The only source for this today is via Google. The Nexus devices is just right for this, but there are many others as well. None of the Nexuses needs to run Android. Maybe the Surface can be used?

Here the stench of death is thick. The Sotiris thread? It reminds me of singing "Alice" at some October fest some time ago: "Alice Alice Who the **** is Alice". I mean it's surreal. Who TF is Sotiris?

Whatever, I'd better start looking for some Nexus 7 fan site to troll around in

for me its just begin, if for you its just finished, with all of my respect, what are you looking for around here, let it die, if that make you happy,

maybe for you its useless, but a diamond for the others

if you care about your lumia here is your right place everybody gonna be happy

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by imo View Post
I was wondering if nokia mobile users could sue the nokia if all that is true . possible ? they have been quite addicted to ditching people with their multiple Os(es) and now its N9 turn.Where the hell they heading to eh ?
Really doomed.
LOL if you tried to sue them they will give you a lumia for free to avoid be sued...

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
for me its just begin, if for you its just finished, with all of my respect, what are you looking for around here, let it die, if that make you happy,

maybe for you its useless, but a diamond for the others

if you care about your lumia here is your right place everybody gonna be happy
I don't care about my Lumia. What the Lumia is, it's a very good day to day phone. It's on the other end of the scale compared with the N900, but everything runs fluent and swift. It's just there doing it's stuff without me having to think at all. But you have to get past the limitations in the OS. Being used to Symbian and Maemo, that is a painful and lengthy process.

The N9 is no diamond in any stretch of the word. It is a overpriced and underpowered device with a unfinished OS. It could have been so much more, it had great potential, but that potential was axed already before it was released to customers. I knew all that long before i bought the N9 some 9 months ago. Don't get me wrong, I liked the N9 a lot, I still do. In the end though, it's just a phone. As everything else that has great potential and being axed, it will end up being glorified way out of proportions and will become a subject for countless "what if" scenarios. You know, it could have saved Nokia if Elop didn't axe it - kind of fairytales.

i know that, i know, but hey, you still can buy next gen of droid or iOS or maybe wp8 9 10 next year, but this is our only one harmattan, and its still so young OS, damn that nokia kill it,

im speechless, :|

Thank you very much for bringing this marvel called N9 to the world. I hope I may see another linux phone with Swipe UX some day, but now I think I have to go buy another one just in case this one breaks down.

The Following User Says Thank You to Painkiller For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
but this is our only one harmattan, and its still so young OS, damn that nokia kill it,

im speechless, :|
I agree. The N9 will last for a long time yet. A couple of years at least, but then things will be getting old. The N900 is almost 3 years old, and still people use it. Dead/alive ? Maybe it's in some kind of zombie state.

Thank you Sotiris and all Maemo/MeeGo team, N9 is legenadry phone
Greets from Armenia

The Following User Says Thank You to davmin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by specc View Post
I agree. The N9 will last for a long time yet. A couple of years at least, but then things will be getting old. The N900 is almost 3 years old, and still people use it. Dead/alive ? Maybe it's in some kind of zombie state.
nokia 3310 is old too but i still see people use it. Legend don't die!

After i buy my new phone in few year obviously not nokia as it's dead to me, i will frame my N9

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:

Tags
specc is the, troll ericsson