Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
As mentioned in another thread about SailfishOS, it looks like there are some prototypes of Jolla smart-watch.

See the video here:
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/digitoday/...004888414.html

It would be great if some native speakers could provide a translation of the video.

My guess is a cooperation between Jolla and AsteroidOS.

PS: I don't usually like creating new threads for everything, but this seems quite substantial to be buried in an unrelated discussion.

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Saarnio and Pienimäki demonstrated Sailfish OS on wristwatch. Purpose is to licence it to manufarurers, and also show how Sailfish OS is a platform to many different technologies. They also told that Russian goverment has approved Sailfish OS to official mobileOS in Russia and it is going to be a big client for licences. They also urged other goverments or EU to do the same, because it is 'their right not to be heard by other goverments'. SailfishOS is only independent OS that can be versioned to any goverment within six months.

They did not answer when we are going to see new phones or watches or anythong with Jolla SailfishOS, but that there will appear terminals using SailfishOS in Russia.

These were main issues.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Reilu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
cant view the video

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
cant view the video
Try disable adblock?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
Try disable adblock?
you right, thanks... i use ad blocker over hosts file.
i try now over smartphone.

Looks nice, hope we will see/get some ports of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
At a time when more and more companies stop investing in smart watches (Nokia!!), Jolla does the opposite. I wonder if this is good news.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
maybe its only a proof of concept to show what we can do with sailfish os. Not Only Smartphone or Tablet. I dont think so that Jolla brings any smartwatches to the market. But i hope there will help the community to get is ported to some devices.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by romu View Post
At a time when more and more companies stop investing in smart watches (Nokia!!), Jolla does the opposite. I wonder if this is good news.
Yeah... No one needs a smart watch. No one even wants a smart watch. Let alone a Sailfish smart watch. The whole point of a smart watch is the integration with your phone. A Sailfish smart watch will integrate with... what exactly? Jolla cannot even make their phones to sync with Exchange or CalDAV properly, who would trust them with yet another potential source of trouble?

No one really wanted the tablet either. Those few who ordered one did it out of brand solidarity, not because they needed it. But you could argue that at least the tablet exercise had the point to show to third parties that Sailfish could scale to that form factor. Is there such a point in favour of a smart watch? I seriously doubt it.

If this rumour is true and they spent the last two years on a smart watch instead of fixing bugs and implementing missing features then I am really disappointed. They are on a runaway train towards a failure and they fully deserve it. Pity.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 405 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Europe
It sounds like you are trying to let out your frustration about the current state of SailfishOS?

But the two specific points mentioned (Exchange/CalDav) should not be part of any OS - its just application space.

So if you are unhappy, stop crying, move your *** and implement them right!

Sailfish is the last available OSS mobile system. To badmouth it is easy, to support it is harder.

And please, stop talking stuff like "No one wants.. No one needs..." if you really mean: "I don't want, I don't need".

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to chrm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
No one really wanted the tablet either. Those few who ordered one did it out of brand solidarity, not because they needed it. But you could argue that at least the tablet exercise had the point to show to third parties that Sailfish could scale to that form factor.
True, I didn't need a tablet but want pretty much anything that is as like a computer as possible. The tablet is awesome, failed a bit, but it's awesome. Also, surprisingly, it's getting better with updates.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post: