Notices

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Qt is in extras already. You may pull it as a dependency.

It's just a bit of a shame that sometimes development can stop because for the developer the app does what he wants it to, I write apps/shortcuts for myself in vb/vba especially for excel but if I had to make them usable for a mass market I would no doubt never release a thing as I write something to do a task, I know that clicking here or there causes a crash but I dont care becasue I just dont do it.

It just worries me that some of the apps get created and then get picked full of holes and the developer just can't be bothered to fix...

If someone said your app needed this and that when you thought it worked almost 100% you may be inclined to go "screw this!"

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
With Open Source you may also say "Fix it yourself!" or "Pay someone to fix it for you."

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
The N900 makes me wish I knew about programming haha. Too bad I don't know jack crap about coding etc because I'd use it to port and optimize awesome emulators to the N900. If it were up to me you'd all be playing Wipeout on PSX4ALL haha.
Oh well, at least I was granted graphic design skills instead. Call me when you need a GUI for your emulator
________
Buy marijuana seeds

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:53.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Adelaide, Australia
We should organize a bounty for a developer to finish this off!

I'd chip in $50AU...

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
why is it so slow?? we do not have any informations about the project! is it possible to make it work on N900?? if yes, how?? if not, why??? smoku for the psOne emulator gave us infos and worked with all the community to correct bugs and improve his emulator! but it's not the case with N64!! why?? if there's a particular problem i think that the developer must expose it here so that everybody must try to solve it! that's all i wanted to say!!!

Re-Edit: 05-13-10

Last edited by Boemien; 2010-05-13 at 17:05.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
ive read the whole thread and can see why Cpasjuste have abandoned it. He simply expected the feedback to be on a higher level.

for example plenty of people have requested certain key configs for control's. What Cpasjuste asked for was not keys - he wants the keycodes, so that he knows what code represents a certain key. then he can code a keyboard plugin.

also, the reason why noone will explain how to install this is because there are plenty of dangers involved, and a simple mistake can cause os corruption or tons of other problems. therefore a "installation walkthrough" would be 50 pages long just to explain all the dangers and how to use shell.
if u dont know the advanced side of debian u should first read a book and then u will navigate the command line shell with much more experience in the backbone. then u will see why experience is important when managing apps outside the package manager

if we want to see more progress and a .deb package we should not bother Cpasjuste with newbie questions.

ps. im also too inexperienced to install this emu. but if i cant be selfefficient enough to learn some debian by reading a book theres still no point in messing around with contributing developers.

from 20 years of experience with forums like this its easy to see which kind of attention that scares away serious developers

EDIT: Heres the keycodes i think he was asking for: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=650625&postcount=5

Last edited by S0urcerr0r; 2010-05-29 at 20:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S0urcerr0r For This Useful Post: