Active Topics

Notices

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/OldPlay

Does anyone can port this music player to N900?

I'm using it on dingooA320's dingux system, it can support 7z format so that I can collect almost all game musics(over 50000 files) with small size, and the sound quality is so nice.

for example, playing .spc flies, it sound quality and volumn are both better than N900' rockbox, even use 7z format.

Hope our N900 can use this player. it seems to be easy to port one, or not?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
gstreamer-plugins-gme should contain most of the sega/nintendo et al. formats.
7z is just a container, you should be able to create an app that opens the container and then pushes those to gstreamer. There should be already mod support and gme support for gstreamer. Work needs to be done, but not huge amount.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to konttori For This Useful Post:
Wow this rabbit hole was deeper than expected... Got lha working in the process so was worth it (only libpokecubed source I found was in .lha). As the first source of oldplayer I found was 0.99 used that. Got it working, though not ready yet (some libs in the repos do not work, some are missing, keys needs adjusting). Working so far:

1 out of 2 .sid files
.it (1of1)
.med (as above)
.mod (2of2)
.s3m (1of1)
.xm (1of1)

Not working:
.ahx (crashes)
.fst (not listed in directory view)
.ogg (as above)
.vgm (unplayable format msg displayed)

.mp3 plays at about 4x speed

No touchscreen support (gp2x doesn't have one I guess)
Does open .zip files (.7z do not show up in filelist view, so unlikely .99 supports that)

Will try to find 1.10 (or whichever is latest) but will need static lib (libmodplug from repos doesn't work, had to statically include in start dir and LD_LIBRARY_PATH trick to get it working)...
Attached Images

Last edited by szopin; 2012-04-18 at 19:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
On dingux system, versio 1.12 can support 7z while 1.10 cannot.

I am hoping, wishing, waiting, thanks very very much

Originally Posted by konttori View Post
gstreamer-plugins-gme should contain most of the sega/nintendo et al. formats.
7z is just a container, you should be able to create an app that opens the container and then pushes those to gstreamer. There should be already mod support and gme support for gstreamer. Work needs to be done, but not huge amount.
I‘ve searched all about gstreamer or gst in repository.maemo.org, and don't find plugins-gme. Where can I find it?

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Wow this rabbit hole was deeper than expected... Got lha working in the process so was worth it (only libpokecubed source I found was in .lha). As the first source of oldplayer I found was 0.99 used that. Got it working, though not ready yet (some libs in the repos do not work, some are missing, keys needs adjusting). Working so far:

1 out of 2 .sid files
.it (1of1)
.med (as above)
.mod (2of2)
.s3m (1of1)
.xm (1of1)

Not working:
.ahx (crashes)
.fst (not listed in directory view)
.ogg (as above)
.vgm (unplayable format msg displayed)

.mp3 plays at about 4x speed

No touchscreen support (gp2x doesn't have one I guess)
Does open .zip files (.7z do not show up in filelist view, so unlikely .99 supports that)

Will try to find 1.10 (or whichever is latest) but will need static lib (libmodplug from repos doesn't work, had to statically include in start dir and LD_LIBRARY_PATH trick to get it working)...

http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-...clln59rioulgl7

Hers's the dingux version 1.12, maybe useful.

The source link is dead. Tried wayback machine, no luck, wiki has old dead links, they didn't use any kind of svn... If you come up with newer source than 0.99 let me know. I'll try to prepare that version for you (don't expect .deb or repo, best I can do is a .sh script that will force static libs, skipping my lack of skill, dep problems would make this troublesome even for more knowledgable guys I believe)

I can only find a dingux version 1.12 source code, which is I'm using now. I wonder if it is helpful?

And how can I send it to you?

The Following User Says Thank You to fft750731 For This Useful Post:
You got the source??? Awesome. Just upload it to depositfiles for example. Thanks!

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
The source link is dead. Tried wayback machine, no luck, wiki has old dead links, they didn't use any kind of svn... If you come up with newer source than 0.99 let me know. I'll try to prepare that version for you (don't expect .deb or repo, best I can do is a .sh script that will force static libs, skipping my lack of skill, dep problems would make this troublesome even for more knowledgable guys I believe)
your wayback machine skills are weak, young padawan http://web.archive.org/web/200903210...om/oldplay.zip has "1.20" in changelog how did i get there? http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/OldPlay states micket.com continued unofficial development after 0.95. Unfortunately micket.com now redirects to some ticket buying system micket.me ... hovewer, there are micket.com entries in wayback machine. Unfortunately, there is one from 2011 which is wrong, one from 2010 which is dead (mysql error on page - ****) and one from 2009 - if one has enought patience to navigate through on-page file browser on http://web.archive.org/web/200903210...ww.micket.com/ (i'm really impressed wayback machine cached all that), he can find oldplay.zip. I believe it is version 1.20, as the wiki.gp2x.org notes last release was 1.35 and that was added in march 2010, so version 1.20 is probable enought to exist one year earlier. I feel like a detective

edit: if you plan to compile/maintain/upload to extras-devel/whatever, maybe a git account (or at least maemo garage account) are a good starting point (preferably more something like git as more people will be able to find it and download first revision - default, clean 1.20 version - in case someone wants to port it to yet another device)

Last edited by misiak; 2012-04-21 at 15:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: