Active Topics

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Russia, Moscow
Thanks for response
I got this:
~ $ gconftool-2 -g /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions/dbus_ctrl_shortcuts
No value set for `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions/dbus_ctrl_shortcuts'
~ $ gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions/dbus_ctrl_shortcuts -t bool true
~ $ gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions/dbus_ctrl_shortcuts -t bool false
Error while parsing options: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input.
Run 'gconftool-2 --help' to see a full list of available command line o
I restarted the device and now layout switch shortcut works. Thanks again!

Last edited by Oleg; 2010-02-19 at 15:03.

Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
Ok, since there is no answer I guess I'll have to reflash the device
Maybe it's just not the right thread for reporting this?
It is the correct thread, it's just that I spent the ln the cold planes of Tatarstan, so in the short period I had to browse this forum I missed this thread.

As you have been told, setting the key /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions/dbus_ctrl_shortcuts to false disables capturing of ctrl-space. But should default to false. Are you sure you did not set it to true?

Your gconftool-2 error seems to be like there is some hidden character. This might happen if you type a 2 byte char (a Cyrillic letter) and then delete it. Please try to retype the command. Remember also that this key is only read once when hildon-desktop starts, so for this change to take effect you need to restart hildon-desktop, by running killall hildon-desktop, or rebooting.

If you want to return to standard hildon-desktop you certainly don't need to reflash the device.
You can reinstall the hildon-desktop package. Download it from here: http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fre...+0m5_armel.deb
And install it with dpkg -i .

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

I remember being able to close apps by tapping shift and then the relevant key (q, w, e, etc.), now it seems to require me to press both keys at the same time.. is this the intended behaviour? I liked the old way, made it easy to close apps quickly using just one hand.

The ctrl-backspace is set to alt-tab behaviour, if that makes any difference.

shift and then q works for me. Are you using the latest version? Does the cogwheel appear when you press shift (or fn)?

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

Yeah I'm using the latest version, and now that I tried it again seems that it works if I first hold shift done for a while - a second or so, but not if I tap it quickly (like I do when I type capital letters). The cogwheel also appears if I hold shift down for a while and then release it, not if I just tap it quickly.

Hey Matan

Just to let you know, and in case anyone else installs it:
I had a modified-hildon-desktop update come through today - the update itself seemed to go fine, but hildon-desktop didn't start again correctly afterwards, and trying to re-start it from the console seemed to hang too.

After a reboot everything was fine, it seemed to start as usual.

Yes it seems to happen from time to time. Usually disabling and then enabling compositing mode (with ctrl-shift-n) fixes the issue, but rarely it does not.

My guess is that it is a problem with the graphics driver, as the issue also happens when both the stopped and the started hildon-desktop are the original ones.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
I've bumped into a problem again..

I made ctrl+shift+i launch an SSH connection using X-term with the following line:
os.system("/usr/bin/osso-xterm 'ssh user@server'")

The shortcut works, with the right key combination launching an SSH connection. However, further ctrl+shift combinations don't work until I close the terminal with SSH in it, and after closing it all the ctrl+shift presses I've used while it's open seem to be executed (so I do ctrl+shift+b 5 times when SSH is open, nothing happens, but when I close the SSH terminal I get 5 empty browser windows). If I copy the text printing part from ctrl+shift+d function, that text is also printed when closing the SSH window, not as it's opened.

What makes this interesting, however, is that if I have another terminal window (just an idle terminal, doesn't need to have an SSH connection or anything) open before I use the SSH connection shortcut, everything seems to work as it should, the text is printed when I use the shortcut and ctrl+shift key press functions are executed as expected. The shortcuts also work if I open the SSH connection from my desktop shortcut pointing to "osso-xterm 'ssh user@server'".

Is os.system() the wrong way to do this, or is it just something I'll need to get used to? It's only a minor annoyance, since I can do ctrl+shift+x before ctrl+shift+i and it works fine, but would be great if someone knew how to do this right.

os.system indeed blocks, so the script does not run again.

Use something like (an example will be in the script in the next version):
Code:
  if key == 'i':
    if os.fork() == 0:
      os.system("osso-xterm 'ssh user@server'")

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
If someone installs PR1.2 (when it becomes available) and wished to try, the packages (only tested on X86 PR1.2 SDK) are:
http://my.arava.co.il/~matan/770/n90..._2.0_armel.deb

http://my.arava.co.il/~matan/770/n90...+0m5_armel.deb

(the second is only needed for more than 4 desktops).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:

Tags
screenless, shortcuts