Notices

where can i get the libxss1 that is required for the update i replace the old libxss?

Sorry for bumping old thread but I need to know to this too. Can someone tell me please where can I get the libxss1? I need to install Chromium.

Thanks.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Chromum was removed from the repositories due to some legal claim, afaik.

Not quite sure if it's still legal to distribute libxss1, since it's modified for Chromium.

Although if someone can clarify if it's legal or not, there's plenty of people who probably still have a libxss1 somewhere who might be willing to share.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I did read that thread but I guess it can be shared via PMs?
I downloaded Chromium from this link but it's a .deb file when I try to install it says Application package missing: libxss1.

Someone get me libxss1 please?

The Following User Says Thank You to RAZOR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
libxss1 is on maemo.org/packages. Even a google search "maemo libxxs1" did show this. This installs chromium fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weißelstone For This Useful Post:
Hey thanks for replying! I found it but couldn't get it to install when I open it app manager opens and then error pops up which reads Unable to install, Incompatible application package.
I downloaded it from:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...1.1.3-1maemo1/
Help please?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RAZOR For This Useful Post:
According to the link you provided, you took the i386 version, just take the armel one!

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
So, is chromium updated to the latest version a potential backdoor to Flash 10.1 on the n900? Or will the versions that bundle flash not compile on armel? Anyone?
HA

Edit: I guess not - it is still an extension... bundled rather than integrated. Just for a moment there...

Last edited by handaxe; 2010-07-02 at 18:57.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by xomm View Post
Chromum was removed from the repositories due to some legal claim, afaik.
Could I have some more details on this "legal claim"? (or a link to same would be appreciated) I've been wondering for some time. Is this a reason we should be sorry that this site is affiliated with Nokia? I have Chromium installed on Ubuntu -- in fact, I'm running it to type this. Am I violating the law? Is someone going to arrest me? Why would it be illegal to use Chromium on the N900?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Could I have some more details on this "legal claim"? (or a link to same would be appreciated) I've been wondering for some time. Is this a reason we should be sorry that this site is affiliated with Nokia? I have Chromium installed on Ubuntu -- in fact, I'm running it to type this. Am I violating the law? Is someone going to arrest me? Why would it be illegal to use Chromium on the N900?
some stuff here http://maemo.org/community/council/c..._repositories/