Notices

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Me neither; wtbleep is "Becker"? Did I inadvertently quote him?
I figured it would be obvious. Me old fart --> Becker. Of course I'm no MD, so I can't vent my frustrations through medical malpractice.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Instead of seeing a dedicated Evernote module, I'd be up for some integration with Evernote and Xournal. No need ot duplicate efforts. The web aspect of Evernote is what attracted me to the beta, but its not something I've used in a while. If it could get that intergration, then I'd like it.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by FGol View Post

Tiddlywiki might be the answer for me. It works on any PC platform and the IT.
Are you saying that Tiddlywiki now works locally on the IT without a server?

Added: I just tried it on my N800 and when I try to save the tiddlywiki I get asked repeatedly (maybe 8-10 times to confirm that I trust the tiddlywiki file. So, I would say that it works without a server, but is unusable.

Last edited by dont; 2008-06-06 at 01:39.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by dont View Post

Added: I just tried it on my N800 and when I try to save the tiddlywiki I get asked repeatedly (maybe 8-10 times to confirm that I trust the tiddlywiki file. So, I would say that it works without a server, but is unusable.

The "standard" tiddlywiki installation is just one file which is being modified as long as you modify the wiki. It was never meant to be used with a server, except for the customizations (some of them are around the web), especially the ones which make tiddlywiki work like a hostable wiki, and not as a single html file

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
The "standard" tiddlywiki installation is just one file which is being modified as long as you modify the wiki. It was never meant to be used with a server, except for the customizations (some of them are around the web), especially the ones which make tiddlywiki work like a hostable wiki, and not as a single html file
Understood, but I think that the ability to save to a local file requires a java applet for browsers that won't allow you to save locally. Firefox, I believe, lets you say that Tiddlywiki is a trusted page and you don't have to tell it repeatedly every time it tries to save to a local file. MicroB does not seem to handle trusted pages in the same way, nor can you install the Java applet. About a year ago somebody implemented a local server + some PHP code to achieve the same effect.

As far as I can tell, you still cannot usefully run Tiddiwiki locally on a tablet.

Has anybody managed to get MicroB to run Tiddlywiki saving to a local file without an inordinate number of dialog boxes?

If so, then how? Maybe there is a way to configure MicroB to be a bit less pedantic about saving files securely?

Maybe I'm paranoid but I dislike the idea of webapps datamining my stuff, even though they look cool and well made. And why is it whenever a technie makes a 'presentation video' it is with with these funny voices? I can hardly listen to what the guy in the intro video is saying without trying to impersonate him.

Last edited by iamthewalrus; 2008-06-06 at 10:48.

Originally Posted by dont View Post

Cripes.. yeah that save thing is a pain.

Frank

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
It's not that I want to breed false hopes or anything, but I've been in a quite interesting email conversation with someone from EverNote Corp. recently.

I was told that they're actually looking into the feasibility of porting their product(s) to Linux. Only ritePen itself (the HWR program they claim is the direct descendant of Newton's magic) was mentioned, not EverNote, and if the port happens (a huge, planetary-sized "if" ATM) it'll probably only be for X86 Linux (although ARM was never excluded in so many words) and cost money, so don't start the party yet.

But still... Eh?

Bluebirds over Dover, rainbows, happy kittens and all that stuff.

Evernote recently opened up their API, so someone could integrate it with a note program.

http://evernote.com/about/developer/api/

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ the praeternatural tower
It would be nice to have something on the NIT. The last time I asked Evernote about that, they suggested I use the cell phone web interface.