Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I've got a .deb that now installs the plugin along with the patterns.ini file in the right place. After a reboot, it works perfectly.

I just need to make a few small changes to it and it should be ready to go and heading into extras-devel.

Last edited by zerojay; 2009-10-15 at 12:27.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Oh, and just wanted to say that using AdBlock Plus gives me NO noticable performance hit whatsoever, which is a nice change from running it on previous tablets. My package will also just come with the default blocklist (EasyList) and I'll keep it updated by pushing out an update maybe once a month.

EDIT: Ah, what the hell... I'll do FlashBlock too tonight.

Last edited by zerojay; 2009-10-15 at 12:50.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
I've implemented the package and aside from one minor error in the packaging itself which no one will notice, it's working fine.

After installing it, you may have to reboot once or twice before it stops working.

The package has been sent to the autobuilder and built ok. You should be able to find it within extras-devel sometime in the next few hours.

A huge thanks to qole for figuring out that this was even remotely possible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
zerojay: thanks for packaging this! Sorry about the whiny tweet.

When trying to get Flashblock working, remember that only plugins for early Firefox 3.0 (probably only beta versions) will work for MicroB.

I don't like flashblock personally, since it seems redundant when Adblock is running, so I can't help here.

I also can't figure out why MicroB has no spellcheck. And trying to get some answers from about:config is a nightmare.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
zerojay: thanks for packaging this! Sorry about the whiny tweet.

When trying to get Flashblock working, remember that only plugins for early Firefox 3.0 (probably only beta versions) will work for MicroB.

I don't like flashblock personally, since it seems redundant when Adblock is running, so I can't help here.

I also can't figure out why MicroB has no spellcheck. And trying to get some answers from about:config is a nightmare.
I wasn't able to get Flashblock running even though it said it should be compatible with Firefox 1.5. I'll try an older version of the plugin, maybe.

Someone else also asked me about the spellchecking plugin. I'll see what I can do.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Are you using EasyList as the patterns file?

Originally Posted by joppu View Post
Are you using EasyList as the patterns file?
Yes, that's what I'm using and I will be bumping the package with updates to the EasyList patterns.ini file monthly.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Nice.

I assume the only way to add additional lists (e.g. country-specific) is to manually edit the patterns.ini file... This could make updating a bit of a hassle.

Originally Posted by hqh View Post
Nice.

I assume the only way to add additional lists (e.g. country-specific) is to manually edit the patterns.ini file... This could make updating a bit of a hassle.
I'll only be updating EasyList unless it's easy to grab all of the lists together. Wonder if it would slow down the phone to have that many more patterns to check.

In adblock plus, can you disable by default the show tabs on flash and java? That part about adblock plus really annoys me, and I always disable them first, or since MicroB has a different GUI, it doesn't even matter.

Tags
adblock, fremantle, hack, microb