Active Topics

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai, UAE
Hey guys,

I have installed and Overclocked my N900, although for a reason I want to restore it to factory and then do it all over again, all I'm asking is Do I uninstall then restore to factory defaults or do it anyway ?

Just curious if there would be a Kernel Conflict or what so ever?

Cheers
Jackie

I tried uninstalling it the other day and ended up needing to reflash both rootfs and emmc

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Cologne
afair there is a deinstallation-guide on the 'Kernel Power'-wiki page

can I restore without having to uninstall the kernel?

if you reflash your rootfs, you are implicitly deinstalling your kernel and installing Nokia's one.

So if you want to flash your phone with the nokia provided image, you need to reinstall power-kernel after

No i just need to take the phone to factory default, from the settings menu or by *#0000# as I'm selling the device, I want to clear it from all the USER DATA and APPS, I'm concerned that the Kernel doesn't interfere !

If you installed it from the repos you should have a "Deinstall kernel-power" application in your application list.

Originally Posted by jackie_jagger View Post
No i just need to take the phone to factory default, from the settings menu or by *#0000# as I'm selling the device, I want to clear it from all the USER DATA and APPS, I'm concerned that the Kernel doesn't interfere !
Easy, reflash both FIASCO and EMMC images from http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php with the Maemo Flasher 3.5

alright cool, thanks a bunch !