Active Topics

Heya guys im new here and im new to the n900 actually

I, sadly, have a couple of problems (including this memory corruption issue)..but im going to do one at a time..ive already spent hours looking into the issues.

But I wanted to talk about my Camera..first, I imagine that the Camera programs saves pics onto the mem. card, but of course thats too corrupt (even though I dont have a memory card) so is there a way to make the program use the internal memory instead?

I ask this because it wont take pictures otherwise :/

Thanks!

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by jakemittle View Post
Heya guys im new here and im new to the n900 actually

I, sadly, have a couple of problems (including this memory corruption issue)..but im going to do one at a time..ive already spent hours looking into the issues.

But I wanted to talk about my Camera..first, I imagine that the Camera programs saves pics onto the mem. card, but of course thats too corrupt (even though I dont have a memory card) so is there a way to make the program use the internal memory instead?

I ask this because it wont take pictures otherwise :/

Thanks!
Quick answer about camera:
Yes

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Quick answer about camera:
Yes
how do you do it?

when you are in camera application open settings and choose memory where to store pictures

Originally Posted by koivjann View Post
when you are in camera application open settings and choose memory where to store pictures
Right ive just found that it was using the internal memory the whole time.
As the memory is corrupt, I cant take pictures..when I try it says "Memory not accessible"

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Whats corrupt about you memory than? Can you mount it, or not, or do you encounter data corruption after writing to it?

Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
Whats corrupt about you memory than? Can you mount it, or not, or do you encounter data corruption after writing to it?
Absolutely no idea..but it seems that I cant create files/folders, it cannot find files/folders (Transferred pictures over and cannot find them..the file manager keeps saying no files/folders), I cannot take pictures, I dont know what my memory is..I know I have 32GB, bur for example when I check it..the bar is half full and it says that I have 1.2GB left? I know that it cannot be...oh and its becoming slower for some reason..im not sure why :S

Ah and it says Memory Card Corrupted....but I have no memory cards in it?..

Im thinking that I may just take it back (although the earliest possibility will be in 3 weeks...:S)

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by jakemittle View Post
Ah and it says Memory Card Corrupted....but I have no memory cards in it?..
That would be the 32 MBGB internal eMMC then. Have you tried reflashing eMMC and firmware?

EDIT: Typo!

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2011-06-21 at 01:00.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
That would be the 32MB internal eMMC then. Have you tried reflashing eMMC and firmware?
I hope you mean 32GB, if not...You may want to get a new phone.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
That would be the 32MB internal eMMC then. Have you tried reflashing eMMC and firmware?
Nope..apparently I cant cus' I have a 64-bit laptop..