Active Topics

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
You need a periscope device with two mirrors that shows the front screen on the back!
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
also a funnel and optical fibers should do the job

The Following User Says Thank You to erniadeldesktop For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Or a mini tv connected to the tv out, which could allow also some interesting experiments with infinite recursive images

hey any one can help please ....when i switch my front camera on it every times disconnect call....could anyone please help me ...thanks

Originally Posted by gurbir View Post
hey any one can help please ....when i switch my front camera on it every times disconnect call....could anyone please help me ...thanks
For some bizarre reason, the camera cannot be used during a call.

I tried N8 at a NOKIA shop today. On my request, the NOKIA salesman activated the front camera of N8 and took a picture of us together. The quality of picture was reasonable, low noise at least as seen on the screen of N8.

I assume N8 and our N900 are both installed with the similar quality of front camera hardware. If N8 could take reasonable picutres with it, N900 should be capable of doing the same. What our N900 lacking is a good app. for this self-photography function.

Hope someone can help!

TC

The Following User Says Thank You to Timothy CHAN For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by Timothy CHAN View Post
I tried N8 at a NOKIA shop today. On my request, the NOKIA salesman activated the front camera of N8 and took a picture of us together. The quality of picture was reasonable, low noise at least as seen on the screen of N8.

I assume N8 and our N900 are both installed with the similar quality of front camera hardware. If N8 could take reasonable picutres with it, N900 should be capable of doing the same. What our N900 lacking is a good app. for this self-photography function.

Hope someone can help!

TC
I don't know about ur front camera.. but mine when i turn on my camera it's so dark you can barely see urself...

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Skype seems to know a few tricks with the front camera other programs don't, and after Skype has set things to a reasonable state, if lighting conditions don't change, other programs benefit from that

edit: thought even with Skype there is still the green vignetting and hot pixels

Last edited by TiagoTiago; 2010-10-07 at 12:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
I don't know about ur front camera.. but mine when i turn on my camera it's so dark you can barely see urself...
Yes, the picture quality of the front camera of our expensive N900 is far from acceptable. As I said, the major problem is the software (I learned from other forum/threads); what we need is someone to write an proper app for the job. I truly miss this self-photography feature for traveling.

TC

The Following User Says Thank You to Timothy CHAN For This Useful Post:
Maybe now we can port some N8 software which uses the front cam to take images..

The Following User Says Thank You to amritpal2489 For This Useful Post:

Tags
front camera