Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I know that dancing around the Maypole was forbidden by the Pilgrim authorities, but it still went on in America.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
@ysss: Not a bad idea!

I can understand how heated relgious debates can be.

Maybe it would make more sense to say "We reserve the right to remove any religious discussions (e.g. preaching, inciting hatred, steve jobs)".

I'm not religious in the slightest (could never take it seriously) but I am interested in other opinions about it and respect other beliefs.
Heh.

I'm a pragmatist. Where I am, I see more good come out of people who are under religious influence than those that aren't. Even those who practice religion for social reasons.

For that, I prefer them to be around than not.

Everything in moderation... then we won't need much moderation...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
o maannnnn. i was enjoying my thread. it wasnt really religious. i wasnt talking about religion as a topic. just a easy nice harmless question

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
I was surprised the thread was removed, it was fairly tame and quite balanced. No attacks on anyone's beliefs.
Personally I was enjoying the discussion - it raised interesting points.

But rules are rules.

We can attack Steve Jobs, vilify Apple users and hate IPads (and their users too). Multiple PR1.2 threads are allowed which are rarely productive and degenerate into "Nokia are lame".

But religion and politics are not allowed.

Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
o maannnnn. i was enjoying my thread. it wasnt really religious. i wasnt talking about religion as a topic. just a easy nice harmless question
Exactly. It was harmless and a bit of fun too.

It was a good thread.

I think we need a minute of silence - it's death was premature.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I know that dancing around the Maypole was forbidden by the Pilgrim authorities, but it still went on in America.
..and speed limits are useless for me because I drive -08 car that handles 120km/h better than older cars handle 80km/h.....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
..and speed limits are useless for me because I drive -08 car that handles 120km/h better than older cars handle 80km/h.....
What about the German Autobhan?

(*johnel ducks under table *)

wow, unbelievable. we've been dealing with absolutely ridiculous pr1.2 threads and finally someone starts something that was actually interesting and it gets removed. why can't a moderator simply moderate an off-topic thread on religion or politics rather than simply ban it? the "rules" are ridiculous and should be changed. this was an enjoyable read and i'm really disappointed with its removal.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany

Well, to some people this topic might be as close to religion as we can get

Ah, I love the German Autobahn. Its always nice to come home from countries where you are only allowed to got 130 km/h. Still, I do also enjoy the calm ride at 130, also has something to it. Still would not want to have it as a general limit.

Know what, since we are offtopic anyway, Autobahns are the safest roads while contributing to a very high percentage of the total kilometers driven. As the wikipedia article states, fatalities are very rare on the Autobahn, it is even less than in Austria (where 130 km/h is the limit). In reality you usually do not go a lot faster anyway, only when there is no traffic you can usually go 220+.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland

there anyone can drive equally as fast as possible.

those are getting radically scarser though
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search