Posts: 58 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by pablocrossa View Post
Even if you do adapt it as a plugin (which would be cool for whatsapp users but would require changing language) some features of whatsapp I seem to recall are not supported with the internal IM thingy
Which feature would those be?
Note:I'm not arguing, but rather curious as to what features those are.

I wouldn't mind porting to another language - I'm pretty proficient at both java and python, and don't mind some hacking in C.
In any case, my request to view the source was to contribute to the current Java tree for now; porting would have to wait.

Originally Posted by hobarrera View Post
Which feature would those be?
Note:I'm not arguing, but rather curious as to what features those are.

I wouldn't mind porting to another language - I'm pretty proficient at both java and python, and don't mind some hacking in C.
In any case, my request to view the source was to contribute to the current Java tree for now; porting would have to wait.
I would love to remember, its just I read it somewhere.

I just found the post I read and, ironically, it was from you :P just proves the internet is funny

Originally Posted by hobarrera View Post
Yes, some protocols are already implemented this way in the N900.
I belive the avahi/bonjour plugin in particular, is a pidgin plugin, being loaded this way.

Multi-person IM sessions are supported on XMPP, but I can't remember if I've ever had one on the N900.
File sending is missing from the N900 chat UI.

I don't know what you mean by broadcast, but if it means "sending to everyone", there's probably some specific account that you send the message to (ie: everyone@s.whatsapp.com), and it gets re-sent to everyone by the WA server.
I'm just guessing though, this will probably be verifiable by sniffing :P

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Those people who angrily and smugly point the people with problems to the first post, might want to read the first pages again themselves, because:

1. Peterbjornx removed those instructions from the first post.
2. Peterbjornx clarified that registration from PC is only needed when using icedtea instead of oracle jre. It is not needed with oracle's jre.
3. Because he provided oracle jre deb, he did 1.

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
Those people who angrily and smugly point the people with problems to the first post, might want to read the first pages again themselves, because:

1. Peterbjornx removed those instructions from the first post.
2. Peterbjornx clarified that registration from PC is only needed when using icedtea instead of oracle jre. It is not needed with oracle's jre.
3. Because he provided oracle jre deb, he did 1.
Then we must wait until he is back from the land of croissant as the source is not available I think

Exactly. Aaaaaand still getting that error here. So. Any hints?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Heerlen, Netherlands
I downloaded Java, and try to start the .jar with it, but a "terminal"window pops up for 0.3 seconds and nothing else happens. Suggestions, anyone?

another way would be to use http://www.techgenial.com/2012/03/ho...indows-pc.html to register ..

i'll give it a try

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
Yeah, bad idea also to post this the night before he vanishes for a week.
I actually consider this an ingenious move.
Even more so when seeying what's going on in here.

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...this threads proves, that people who flock to proprietary messengers because "all my friends too" are way too... incompetent.
Noooo. Don't be silly don, there is no correlation between whatsapp use and r3tards.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
I must be so out of touch with the cool kids when I had to google search what WhatsApp is.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
I must be so out of touch with the cool kids when I had to google search what WhatsApp is.
Lol :P

*The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.*

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatscrapp!