Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Does the N9 have Bluetooth keyboard capability?

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Does the N9 have Bluetooth keyboard capability?
yes
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4828

EDIT: i havent gotten mine to be usable yet. i can send keys, but only a few at a time, and no arrows which is the single most important feature for me. ive been trying to test the keyboard on a big computer, but its been difficult, so i suspect it is my keyboard giving me trouble {spider ultra mini btkb}

Last edited by wolke; 2012-01-31 at 18:29.

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Originally Posted by qole
I have some debian chroot scripts for the N950 that work very well for me, but since open mode and a hardware keyboard are required, if I publish the scripts, they certainly won't be "easy" debian... Maybe I'll put them in my qole.org repo or something.
Please, do it, my main reason to use Harmattan open mode would be to run (Easy) Debian.

Even using the N9 with a Bluetooth keyboard (or BlueMaemo running on Nokia N810/N900 to behave like one).
TO QOLE:

Totally agree i install the open kernel thinking on easy debian. I dont mind if it is not easy. but running linux distros in a chroot or native is my main reason to buy a N9.

For me EASY DEBIAN is the best application ever on the N900 and i am even willing to pay for it, if you port it for the N9.

Last edited by -Tyler-; 2012-02-01 at 00:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to -Tyler- For This Useful Post:
One option is just install a debian chroot using debootstrap.
I did that way, all debian apps are running fine (just remember to "mount -o bind" /dev, /dev/pts and /proc).

The Following User Says Thank You to rafael2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by rafael2k View Post
I did that way, all debian apps are running fine (just remember to "mount -o bind" /dev, /dev/pts and /proc).
Option to what ? Without Harmattan open mode ?
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Originally Posted by rafael2k View Post
do you happen to know of any way to run programs as user instead of root?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
What about BackupMenu???
So it's a bootmanager just like that app?

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-03 at 19:12.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Option to what ? Without Harmattan open mode ?
He's apparently had it working in open-mode for some time now:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...84#post1153384
But so far he has not clarified how exactly....

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-03 at 18:52.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Wow, Ok, not only is there BT keyboard support available for the N9, but elemental got it published in the Ovi store, here!

I'll try to package up a .deb file for the qchroot scripts in the next while. You'll have to have a hardware keyboard and open mode, so I'll have to think of a new name for this. Probably just "qchroot" or something.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Wow, Ok, not only is there BT keyboard support available for the N9, but elemental got it published in the Ovi store, here!

I'll try to package up a .deb file for the qchroot scripts in the next while. You'll have to have a hardware keyboard and open mode, so I'll have to think of a new name for this. Probably just "qchroot" or something.
Impresive how well works this application, it paired the N9 like just in one second with my BT keywoad and works perfect out of the box. I suppose i am used to the the N900 where i tried for days, to paired with it and nothing.

- Thanks a lot for the qchroot scripts, it will be very much appreciate for all N9 users in the world for sure.

Last edited by -Tyler-; 2012-02-04 at 19:26.

Tags
aegis, open kinda