Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by ajack View Post
Nokia hardware without the software makes for an expensive paperweight... Looking at WP7, I will say... "Nokia hardware with WP7 makes for a very expensive paperweight..."
Do you even realise the potential of a Windows OS? and that is IF they bring out a WP7 device.
Sorry but i do not share your hate for MS .

Their potential is to hurt competitors by whatever means. Let's hope WP7 won't get enough market share to hurt others. It's enough that MS monopolized desktop field already.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Do you even realise the potential of a Windows OS? and that is IF they bring out a WP7 device.
Sure they'll bring out one.
But what's the potential of a Windows OS? Being potentially more nailed down than iOS?
OK, good news for carriers (if they get rid of skype too, that is)
But bad news for me. I'm out. Live free or die.
Nobody's perfect

Last edited by lohner; 2011-06-07 at 17:03. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to lohner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
if there is a meego/harmattan phone from nokia it will have the EXACTLY the same fate as the n900 being a niche super geek phone with a limited market and a community to pick up the support slack...

thats because maemo and meego are treated like frankenstein theres no love for the OS from its creator

The Following User Says Thank You to mohi2k7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
I am a warrior of GNU...

Originally Posted by lohner View Post
But what's the potential of a Windows OS? Being potentially more nailed down than iOS?

Nobody's perfect
Agreed...

Not to be OT, I think MeeGo will be the Android of desktop... but will just be one of many variants in the x86/x64 market. It will shine in cars, devices and phones IMHO...

Last edited by ajack; 2011-06-07 at 17:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajack For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lohner View Post

Nobody's perfect
That made me laugh but the potential is the availability of apps for Windows let alone games.

MS have got more dev's than probably any other company in this world and that makes a difference for once but please don't give up on Nokia, wait and see what comes?.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
That made me laugh but the potential is the availability of apps for Windows let alone games.

MS have got more dev's than probably any other company in this world and that makes a difference for once but please don't give up on Nokia, wait and see what comes?.
A whole lot of good that did to the WP7 platform...

The Following User Says Thank You to ajack For This Useful Post:
Android ! Android ! Android !

"THE GREEN ROBOT IS SWEEPING THE ENTIRE WORLD"

Android is the way to go !! Android Rulezzzzzzz anytime !

The Following User Says Thank You to augustya For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajack View Post
A whole lot of good that did to the WP7 platform...
Probably because the hardware was not right and Nokia could very well make the "ideal" hardware platform for the OS whatever they decide on.
We already know it will not be MeeGo or Maemo but i have a feeling it will not be a WP7 OS either or at least not the WP7 we know.

Yes, but Windows Phone != Windows, even != Windows Mobile. So all your old software base is useless with the new Windows (ARM) platform.
MS have got more dev's than probably any other company in this world and
True, they are the biggest software company. But there are more free software developers, releasing GNU or BSD licenced software than there are developers releasing MSEULA software.
that makes a difference for once but please don't give up on Nokia, wait and see what comes?.
I am as curious as you what's going to happen. Of course I may be wrong and they'll beat even Apple with there WP7 phones (not even talking about ther shabbily treated MeeGo phones). I only find it hard to believe.

The Following User Says Thank You to lohner For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada blows, buysomethinelse, erics the idiot, goodbye nokia, nok+ms rox more, nokia's dead, oh so dead, so dead