Yeah I couldn't see why they price it like that although keep in mind that this is in a brick and mortar, perhaps online it may be cheaper, than again it's Italy...

Originally Posted by billybobjones View Post
Yeah I couldn't see why they price it like that although keep in mind that this is in a brick and mortar, perhaps online it may be cheaper, than again it's Italy...
Berlusconi female tax - most probable cause

The Following User Says Thank You to zonk0r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
seems like lots of anger and knashing of teeth over this, brings me back to the n900 release.
This is the next step in my opinion. n900 was a testing the waters with different features, wasn't meant for mainstream consumers but as a step.
Out of box is much better from what i'm reading, it has MMS!! It has better social network intergration, it has better event managment, it has better multitasking, did you see how many task's were running in some video's with no lag between jumping back to the task manager or closing them? the swipe feature is a step forward for 1 handed use, i've missed 1 handed phone use. i'm not too much of a fan of touchscreen typing but i'll not judge this untill i use it. as i stated earlier, some touch screen kb are terrible some are decent just like some hwkb are terrible and some decent.
i love the n900 but i can see it's flaw's and how it didn't appeal to mass market, i have let family and friends use it and it's good but as a phone wasn't good enough for them. things weren't easy and they don't want to spend their time learning when they have better things to be doing.

to summarise, i like the n9 and the OS, i've had me n900 since the release and i've only had to remove the battery twice to reset and that was because i was fooling around with extra's dev apps. i've never used the tv out on any phone. and doubt i will because i have a pc, or laptop for that.
i suggest you all look at the links provided by nokia which brock helpfully posted earlier before you start bashing. there's a wealth of information there. then sit back and ask yourself, can your teenage sister use it out of the box easer then using the n900 or of box?

Edit: sorry for the long message, been reading this thread since 12 and it's 3:25pm now.
Hey, I totally agree! I'm not knocking the phone because it doesn't have a quad core cpu and gpu with and HD Screen but, I am quite stumped at some of the choices like the lack of HDMI out? I can understand that you may not use that, but as a phone that is obviously catered towards mainstream users with 720p playback the fact that you can't output that to your TV on a 700 dollar device is unacceptable. I mean even if there wasn't a dedicated port they could have added a dongle.

i think if i do get this phone! ill probably get one of the NFC accessories... i hope they make that as a bundle option of some kind

The Following User Says Thank You to superhero For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zonk0r View Post
Berlusconi female tax - most probable cause
Someone has to pay for his S** life.

The Following User Says Thank You to billybobjones For This Useful Post:
The information was provided by Colin Giles, Nokia’s EVP of Sales. Even the NewYorkTimes quoted a similar pricing.

http://www.fonearena.com/blog/39725/...-revealed.html

@Brock and others from Germany:

http://blog.ovi.com/2011/06/21/be-a-...aps-and-drive/

Look at the screenshots... The maps preloaded are for D-A-CH region and operator is our good old Rosa Riese... So chances that the phone will come to Germany are 100% I'd say...

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by zonk0r View Post
If you check the MeeGo Roadmap, you will notice that North American radio standards are not supported until MeeGo release 1.3 in October - so in short, No. This device is not intended for the American Market.
s/North American radio standards/CDMA/, so this would mean you won't see Meego on Verizon or Sprint until then.

It has penta-band WCDMA, so should work on your only real GSM-based provider.

Whether Meego supports CDMA or not probably has no bearing on whether Nokia will make a CDMA-based device. AFAIK they didn't even make an S60 one.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
OH YOUR GOD! I did not know that one of my colleages had a **cking n950 in her desk draw. Charging it now. I knew we'd had access to the n97 and n900 months before release, but I kinda assumed we wouldn't have this device. The company I work for partners with Nokia for some stuff.
Attached Images

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to damion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
think about all the 1 handed people that nokia have opened up the maemo/meego experience too

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland