Hi All,

I am just kind of getting into the guts of the n810. It's fun but frustrating at times...

Now, yesterday I got pbeasy up and running and also installed bootmenu from the flash and put the cloned OS in mmcblk0p2.

So, stupidly as I was trying to get rid of chess, marbles, etc.. today I went into the /etc and /home/usr folders and removed everything that said those games. I guess that I broke the boot from that.

(((by the way you can get rid of the games by

'apt-cache search chess' etc...

and then removing all 3 of the osso files related to it, which it does in a very orderly way

apt-get remove -osso-chess-etc-

same for lmarbles, mahjong, and maemoblocks. I did it before and it works safely))))

So, now that it was the flash memory (256 meg NAND) where I jacked up the boot by removing files recklessly can I fix this short of reboot? I don't mind if takes time and learning, the other os is going ok.

What I want to do is to take parts of the /etc and /home/usr folders that are in my mmc2 and put them into the flash memory so that it has the correct stuff.

Is this possible as all, or am i right that because of the way that NAND memory functions it won't work?

Is the flash memory even visible to the MMC2 booted OS - can it be seen and discretely (i.e. file by file) read by any means? I couldn't find it with midnight commander, though I am a newbie.

Let me just state, that while i was going too far ahead of my level of knowledge of what I was doing, it was not made very clear to me which ways data and files can and can't be transferred. Maybe in the flow of so much new terms and procedures the basics are lost to me.

This is where i think just a few diagrams showing how the data flows, and what is happening would be helpful.

Anyway, thanks for the site...

Robert

Dang, I just saw that this a N800 area, sorry for that

Last edited by repoman; 2009-09-10 at 05:32.

Tags
boot, maemo, maemo 4, os2008, problem