Notices

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
Jaffa, did you had time to look at the display orientation bug I reported in post 123. Have you tried it or is it a known issue? Thanx.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by luigi View Post
Jaffa, did you had time to look at the display orientation bug I reported in post 123. Have you tried it or is it a known issue? Thanx.
I can't reproduce #8497 at all, I'm afraid.

The /etc/xdg/menus/hildon.menu file of a device suffering this issue would be key, I think.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
I can't reproduce #8497 at all, I'm afraid.

The /etc/xdg/menus/hildon.menu file of a device suffering this issue would be key, I think.
The /etc/xdg/menus/hildon.menu file is about organization/hierarchy of the menus and placement of the icons, not about rotating and display orientation? Or is it?

Anyway, I tried again installing 0.7.3 (now from extras-testing) and the issue/bug I pointed out is easy to reproduce. However, after running /opt/catorise/catorise configure (which I had to do because several icons/apps seem not to be categorized as reported by qw3rty), the problem vanished. Given this, the root cause of this issue might be beyond the scope of Catorise.

Can you, Jaffa, by the way explain why you made the set of specific /usr/share/applications/hildon/catorise-*.desktop files? Thanx in advance.

Originally Posted by luigi View Post
The /etc/xdg/menus/hildon.menu file is about organization/hierarchy of the menus and placement of the icons, not about rotating and display orientation? Or is it?
Yes, but applications with X-Maemo-Prestarted=always in their .desktop files (such as Phone) cause weirdness if they don't have exactly one entry in the menu (and similar for the .desktop files). This is bug #8111 which I've made the hildon-desktop developers aware of.

Anyway, I tried again installing 0.7.3 (now from extras-testing) and the issue/bug I pointed out is easy to reproduce. However, after running /opt/catorise/catorise configure (which I had to do because several icons/apps seem not to be categorized as reported by qw3rty), the problem vanished. Given this, the root cause of this issue might be beyond the scope of Catorise.
Also, 0.7.4 now in extras-testing has refactored the optimisation such that it always indexes all package's .desktop files rather than trying to detect new packages. By doing a hack or two, I got that indexing down to ~1 second.

Can you, Jaffa, by the way explain why you made the set of specific /usr/share/applications/hildon/catorise-*.desktop files?
Bugs #8111 and #8328.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Barcelona
Hello,

After the update (in extras testing) from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4 my n900 menu lost the "Others" folder
I use the Others to put the easy debian program shortcuts (by editing "/opt/catorize/menu") and now they are in "System"

Can I have the menu back or make any other custom folder?

Tnx in advance!

The Following User Says Thank You to paulo_oliveira For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ OC, CA
Andrew - I have a bunch of 'dummy' .desktop files I use for e.g. ssh sessions. These are not categorized by catorise. Is there any chance you could stuff these into the 'other' category by default?

FWIW I get the same error as atunguyd above. I store them in /usr/share/applications/hildon

The Following User Says Thank You to konfoo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by paulo_oliveira View Post
After the update (in extras testing) from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4 my n900 menu lost the "Others" folder
I use the Others to put the easy debian program shortcuts (by editing "/opt/catorize/menu") and now they are in "System"
Anything in "Others" is viewed as sub-optimal (e.g. poor packaging) so it will always attempt to recategorise them. This is obviously problematic for your use case.

I can't think of a good way of solving this at the moment without you hacking in /opt/catorise/catorise (modify %validSections and add a new /opt/catorise/share/mynewsection.directory).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Originally Posted by konfoo View Post
Andrew - I have a bunch of 'dummy' .desktop files I use for e.g. ssh sessions. These are not categorized by catorise. Is there any chance you could stuff these into the 'other' category by default?
Can you send me one of the .desktops? It could be the Type or Display entries prevent Catorise (or hildon-desktop!) from showing it.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ OC, CA
Here ya go:

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=SSHTest
Comment=SSH Test
Exec=/usr/bin/osso-xterm 'ssh blah@blah.com'
Icon=ssh
Type=Application
X-App-Loading-Image=none
X-OssoFType=application/x-executable
*Edit* looks like a missing Display tag may be the problem??

Last edited by konfoo; 2010-02-04 at 20:13.

Originally Posted by konfoo View Post
Here ya go:
Ta. Nothing looks really odd there.

Looks like a missing Display tag may be the problem?
Nah, it'd be a problem if it had NoDisplay=true. Is it included in /opt/catorise/menu and is it shown in All?

Tags
catorise, jaffa, menu