Notices

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Yep, UT rocks!

Hope so about OMAP3

PSX emu should be no problem. Raiden 2 and Crash Racing would be a good thing.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Well, if you want to see performance, then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsclXxxjxVg <- same hardware as n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
I'm the developer behind the Quake 3 demo at Maemo Summit yesterday. Currently there are no packages or sources online yet, but I am going to try to get the source onto Garage as soon as possible (takes ~72 hours to register a project.)

Quim already posted some information, and hopefully we'll get the video online soon. I've attached the slides, although they are nowhere near as interesting as the video.

As far as performance goes, I usually cap it to 30 fps due to battery life, but the (currently not very optimized) code can hit between 30-60 fps in some places.

I'm sure a lot of you are looking forward to getting the package and hopefully some of you hacking on the code, too. You do need to have a legal copy of the Quake 3 data files, however, as it would be illegal for me to distribute them.

P.S. Thanks for all the positive comments.
Attached Files
File Type: gz MaemoSummit_Quake3.pdf.gz (88.0 KB, 373 views)

The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to omcfadde For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Great! Video with TV out please!

}:^)~

Originally Posted by omcfadde View Post
You do need to have a legal copy of the Quake 3 data files, however, as it would be illegal for me to distribute them.
Shouldn't we prefer OpenArena since it's fully free.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ape For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
no, i think that many people have a legal quake 3 at home and if not, everyone knows how to find it on the net these days..

Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Great! Video with TV out please!
The video shows two devices connected via wlan running on two TVs, but as far as I know the TV signal was not recorded.

Where is the video ???

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by epz View Post
if quake3 can be run does that mean stuff like return to castle wofenstine can also be run, Q3 was mostly about running about with a rocket launcher to my memory while RTCW was a true classic.
Enemy Territory. More/better classes, and 100% gratis.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Enemy Territory would be epic, but unfortunatly it seems that altough the game itself is freeware, only the source code to game logic has been opensourced. The game engine itself is modified Q3, but it hasn't been opensourced.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfens...nemy_Territory

The Following User Says Thank You to DeeGee For This Useful Post: