Active Topics

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
BADA BOOM, TSSssssss...

One reason to want Bada on the N900 would be to test it. Another would be if you have given up on Maemo 5 and MeeGo@N900 as future proof options but would like to keep the N900 anyway.

If you don't compare against anything but the Iphone, you end up building an Iphone copy.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
1. we are running out of apps and games as compared to other oses and addition of bada may add up some more app and games(which is definately less at the moment but since wave seems to be doing business well, number of apps and games may just grow up).
2. Show off the power of n900.
3. Hey lets try something without buying it.

But since bada is not open sourced, there's no way we can expect to get one. If we can expect bada, it will apply for windows phone 7, iphone, blackberry, webos and what not.

Btw, what about porting symbian^3!! I am pretty sure it would be more appreciated than nitdroid since many n900 users are from symbian background and they generally feel lacking some symbian app. (I know v3,v5 apps won't work but seems like many apps are being ported to symbian^3). That way symbian users wont have to leave symbian to get n900. Has anyone thought of porting symbian^3. I hope its as open as android to let users port it to n900.

Symbian v3 .... I don't know but its possible.
But I think people working on nitdroid shouldn't jump onto a Symbian project since MeeGo (and Qt) will bring those applications from Symbian to the N900 anyway ... its the Android apps that will be left behind, so nitdroid makes a lot of sense!

I actually hope the froyo update comes to the Motorola Milestone and also includes a flaw to bypass the bootloader like on the Droid. It would be good for those Milestone owners to get real Custom ROMs, aswell as actually getting the right resources to complete Nitdroid

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
wait
this is linux after all
so we find the kernel
add entry to multiboot
and we're happy as a frog

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Give me ROM and I'll try during vacation!

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Yes yes yes

Bada for the N900 !!!

It's not Linux by the way, it's a RTOS called Nucleus, and it rox

But, I'm sure it's not possible without some serious low level programming, and lots of it. It will never happen

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
It's not Linux by the way, it's a RTOS called Nucleus
The platform is kernel-agnostic actually.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
@ericsson I'm shocked to know that someone knows a little bit more in Bada than you. You always show your unconditional love toward Bada that would make one believe you're the Bada itself in self-awareness form.

Now I can't describe the vast disappointment bursting inside out of me...

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Bada sucks... seriously. Their API is completely home-made, complete with nested C++ namespaces, just like those idiots at Nintendo.

So you basically have to rewrite a big bunch of your app from scratch, no easy porting.

I wonder who wants to write/port any app for that stupid platform anyway. And the OS is a stable as a pile of sand. You can make the whole phone crash just like that. When it gets low on resources, it offers to close all apps, which includes the main menu! So after that, you might as well reboot the phone. Silly.

Tags
bada blows, bada rox, googol facepalm, triple facepalm