Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
your "app" for displaying android content is Qt? If so you can make it "partner", otherwise no.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atbeyi View Post
was it supposed to be like this or somehow i managed to have an interesting thing?

)
Yep, this is how it's supposed to work. It threw me off the first time too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwangoAC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by piwadam View Post
Try to run your phone while charging. It works much smoother while I charge my phone.
Hi piwadam. Thanks for your tip. Works like a charm while charging the phone. If I unplugg usb cable, it gets stuck again. Why could this be?
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to jem555 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jem555 View Post
Hi piwadam. Thanks for your tip. Works like a charm while charging the phone. If I unplugg usb cable, it gets stuck again. Why could this be?
Same with charging its smooth and input is not problem

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by jem555 View Post
When your device is on battery the CPU powersaving is in aggressive mode.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
We're not commercial partners with Jolla, so we can't use the partner space.
That's not what I'm talking about. Jolla always claimed that every user can pin one of their application as a partner space. We will see how's the final implementation going to turn out, but that was the plan.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
your "app" for displaying android content is Qt? If so you can make it "partner", otherwise no.
That's nonsense.

Not sure what the current implementation is, but in all videos where partner space was shown, it was always a pinned Android app. Plus there's nothing that would limit it to Qt apps only - if the compositor (Lipstick) can show non-Qt apps in the task switcher, it can show the exact same preview on the partner space in the carousel.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I don't understand why would anyone use a random, insecure, proprietary chatting solution as WhatsApp, when you have so many safe and open alternatives.
Please, don't use it. If this doesn't convince you, read more here.
The worst thing is even if you don't use it, it takes one ***** who does and has your number in his/her contacts and your number is uploaded to servers of this insane company for 'anyone interested' to read.
Thumbs up for everyone supporting WhatsApp on Maemo. NOT
Can you update the link please?
WhatsApp offers 'good' services to their customers especially on Android. They do read applications, custom rom's on devices and send some notifications about it to their end users.
You can use WhatsApp without any problems. Just don't send any sensitive private data trough it.
You cannot avoid others to obtain your private phone number unless you've no social media app installed and less then 5 contacts stored on your cellphone. Some firewalls can protect your private phone-number against unwanted calls and text messages.
I think Yappari, Whatsup are good to use and Mitakuuluu is also okidoki.
One nice thing about sfdroid is the availability to create a separated WhatsApp account on the same device and get it switched on and off anytime you want.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
That's nonsense.

Not sure what the current implementation is, but in all videos where partner space was shown, it was always a pinned Android app. Plus there's nothing that would limit it to Qt apps only - if the compositor (Lipstick) can show non-Qt apps in the task switcher, it can show the exact same preview on the partner space in the carousel.
you seems was fooled by jolla. all videos demonstrate static image with android application screenshot in partnerspace.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
you seems was fooled by jolla. all videos demonstrate static image with android application screenshot in partnerspace.
That's not very surprising, given it was an early tablet UI preview. However:
  • it shows what the intentions were
  • there is no technical reason that would limit it to Qt apps only, since Lipstick can already handle non-Qt apps (like sfdroid)
  • if the idea of partner spaces will ever take off and be released and used by 'partners' (which I myself doubt), it will need to have the ability to pin Android apps. Whoever thinks that 'partners' will develop native applications with current SailfishOS market penetration, or that Jolla will do it for them with their current financial situation, is a fool
  • my original comment was based on what the original plans were (which can be seen in the videos and from subsequent announcements) - if the 'partner space' ends up being something completely different, then be it. It will make sense calling people out for not understanding what partner space is once the final implementation is released - go for it then.

Originally Posted by jellyroll
Whatsapp...
Sorry, I won't waste time researching up to date arguments for/against a service I don't care for (and it's off-topic here). We can continue over PM, if you feel like it.
Their attitude towards 3rd party clients is enough for me to avoid it, but if you feel like using a service that is available for free thanks to the pure altruism of its owner, then go for it!

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-02-07 at 13:46.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
Just don't send any sensitive private data trough it.
If the only times you ever use secure communication methods are when you need to send sensitive data, it becomes very easy for any third party to find out which part of your communications they need to focus on. When both the sensitive and the trivial stuff is encrypted, there's a lot more work to be done, because then there is no easy starting point.

Also see: http://smarimccarthy.is/blog/2015/01...ation-warfare/ (ironically it isn't possible to connect to his website through HTTPS)

Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
You cannot avoid others to obtain your private phone number unless you've no social media app installed and less then 5 contacts stored on your cellphone.
This is also not the problem, anyone can find out your phone number and add it to their contacts. The problems start when you also have them in your contacts and a third party can find out this information, and thus know you know each other. If they only find out one way, they can't possibly know whether you are in contact with each other or not.

Gebruik gewoon XMPP en Signal ajb.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:

Tags
apkenv