Posts: 71 | Thanked: 456 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Official support from Jolla.

Unfortunately that's the only way to spread the word to the community very quickly.

I want to have the official announcement before publishing - although not branded Jolla, this is still a product with official licences OS, I want to get the same coverage as others.

Moreover, for crowdfunding campaigns the starting point is very important, I leave that to Jolla to decide the best time to launch.
Ah right, that makes sense. Personaly I find this news about the tablet much more exciting than the Xperia phone images. The tablet actually gives people a change to use sailfish out of the box without being geecky enought to flash the phone. But lets wait for Jolla.
Chenliangchen thanks again for this.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to john_god For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 456 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Portugal
By the way, last software contest from the Maemo community sponsored by Jolla was really cool, I enjoyed it a lot. It would be really nice if Jolla did it again, offering one or two tablets for a contest for apps development for the Jolla tablet.
Big thanks to those involved in the last one, it made me start visiting the maemo comunity

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to john_god For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I hope system76 release a linux tablet sooon. That's the only company who has resources to actually DOIT. Everyone else is just fantasy.

Ask yourself how many years has this discussion about a Linux/SFOS tablet going on?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Here is the official ID of the red version.

Large image

This post should mark the end of this "pre-announce" - we should wait for official announcement at some point.

Thank you for all the support - without such I can't push this project this far.

And hopefully whoever wants a Sailfish Intel tablet can get one!

PS: Ignore the second slot of 3G, it will be removed in the final image...
How did you know red was my favorite color?

Nevermind, just "shut up and take my money!"

But much more seriously, thanks so much for all this work. I'm very excited by this project.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
This has to be one, if not the, biggest achievements from our forum members.
Great !
Waiting eagerly release
Thank you for this chenliangchen

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
This has to be one, if not the, biggest achievements from our forum members.
Great !
Waiting eagerly release
Thank you for this chenliangchen
In deed. Epic achievement if he manage to deliver something.
But we are currently waiting for jolla again, not for Chen

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
In deed. Epic achievement if he manage to deliver something.
But we are currently waiting for jolla again, not for Chen
Turning this into positive thinking, how would you (want to see Jolla) communicate youyota news if you were in Juhannis shoes?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Turning this into positive thinking, how would you (want to see Jolla) communicate youyota news if you were in Juhannis shoes?
Depends. But I wouldn't like jolla to take credit for anything. Jolla is a joke and Chen is the king attitude. Even if jolla helping the project in anyway, jolla should downplay it to a minimum and don't even mention it.

I would like to cut "jolla" from the blog post. The only time it would be cool would be in the end, wishing Chen good luck.

Infact, I would prefer that Chen wrote it and jolla only published it.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-07-02 at 13:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2016 @ Australia
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
How about something like:

More great news on the tablet front. A new team is working with our tablet OEM to make a new batch of tablets. They will run the full sailfish OS including Alien Dalvik and have some small improvements over the original Jolla tablet, like a better USB socket. We know how disappointed you all were to not get a tablet from the original batch, so if any of our Indiegogo backers buys one of the new tablets we will move you to the front of the refund list.

Positive and forward looking without rewriting history, and something thrown in for the backers who were let down.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to alphatool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by john_god View Post
By the way, last software contest from the Maemo community sponsored by Jolla was really cool, I enjoyed it a lot. It would be really nice if Jolla did it again, offering one or two tablets for a contest for apps development for the Jolla tablet.
Big thanks to those involved in the last one, it made me start visiting the maemo comunity
I will reserve a few units as my personal purchase and donate for the coding competition. This is really important!

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os