Active Topics

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
I bought my device knowing it was unfinished. I wanted to contribute to its development. The apps in extras are a lot better than anything the Ovi Store has to offer and they are free.

But i can understand your disappointment. I just don't think continuos whining about how Nokia screwed us over is going to fix anything.
Whining is not going to fix anything, but as consumers we definitely need to complain if we are feeling disappointed with a company which we used to be loyal to. I also bought knowing that it was unfinished, but after Meego announcement I am sure it will never be properly finished at all.

Each person has its own feelings to what Nokia did with N900... My answer is simple and it is what every disappointed N900 owner should do: spread to everybody you can that Nokia can not be trusted, not only on this forum but commenting on Internet reviews about the phone and to all your friends. Some can argue that I am overacting and that kind of attitude would just be worst for Maemo... but from my point of view Maemo is already destined to death...

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mexico
after all this mess nokia is gonna loose at least 50 000 loyal customers... But I think they dont really care

Originally Posted by badstraw View Post
after all this mess nokia is gonna loose at least 50 000 loyal customers... But I think they dont really care
well they aint loosing me !! as long as they make phones like the 3310>6310>6600>9300>6680>6233>N93>N73>N95>E90>N958 GB>N82>E71>N79>E63>5800>N97>N97mini>X6>E72>N8

even i have never bought all these !! these were one of the best !! u can add to the list !! u dont need to compare if you love what this company makes !! its always the best and always will !!

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
just an update...N900 is released in India today.Historically India has been a bigger market for Nokia atleast on the symbian front.Remember this is the first of the Nokia's internet tablets to get released here.
So Nokia is pushing hard to make as much money on the hardware as the N97

Originally Posted by rcarlos View Post
thats a good one russo and I believe thats the thought process of nokia too.But I have my doubts though...what makes us so confident that nokia wld get it all right with Meego? Are they much wiser now than when maemo 5 was created?
I don't think Nokia will get it alright with Meego... and that's not an emotional statement from a N900 owner, I am analyzing from a business point of view. Android and iPhone are just far ahead on this competition, and last year Nokia positioned Maemo as a competitor with these OSes. Just a few months later they said Meego is the future... That may be two things:

- Lack of strategic planning by Nokia executives, which wouldn't change with Meego unless Intel assumes all the project, and this doesn't seem to be happening (at least I just see messages from Nokia's Meego team, for me Intel just entered with is name for marketing reasons, with the objective to sell Atom CPUs in the future, away from ARM chips)

- Nokia and Intel signed an agreement in the middle of 2009. Nokia launched N900 with Maemo 5 at November 2009, with lots of missing features like Ovi Store. I doubt they didn't even think about Meego when N900 was launched... unless my first comment about lack of planning is right. Assuming they were already planning Meego, that would be even worst for both customers and developers who believed on Maemo 5's future, and invested their time and money trusting on Nokia. Such disappointment is not easily forgotten... And the business has a simple rule of thumb: "if it costs $1 for you to conquest a customer's loyalty, it will cost $10 to bring him back in case of disappointment"

Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
I don't think Nokia will get it alright with Meego... and that's not an emotional statement from a N900 owner, I am analyzing from a business point of view. Android and iPhone are just far ahead on this competition, and last year Nokia positioned Maemo as a competitor with these OSes. Just a few months later they said Meego is the future... That may be two things:
Maemo 5 was always step 4 in their 5 step process.

MeeGo, or Harmattan, was always the goal. get your facts right

Originally Posted by badstraw View Post
The rumor is that they sold 100 000 N900 units in the first months, so it seems about right... But they also will loose potential buyers, since every customer influence on friends opinion.

yea and then later on they will start chanting nokia rocks nokia rocks once it makes a phone with all the feature you always wanted and better than all the current other phones in line !!

yeah and those pessimist ppl around here i dont expect you to reply on what i say!! you guys can just say that oh yeah and when will nokia make that who cares i am opting for android !! oh yeah good for you then

Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
The rumor is that they sold 100 000 N900 units in the first months, so it seems about right... But they also will loose potential buyers, since every customer influence on friends opinion.
First 5 weeks

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Nokia == No care a