Hi all, hope this is the correct place for this, i had a few unexpected reboots yesterday while watching a movie on my n900.

NEVER NEVER happened to me till yesterday, i figure how it happened and this is the formula:

kernel 47 + ideal profile under queen beecon widget + stock video player watching a movie 2+hrs length (devils advocate)

maybe this is just me or its a known bug or maybe just happened, i dunno

everything its fine if i just dont use the ideal profile under that combo.

cheers

Its due to the too low voltage of ideal profile, try increasing them a bit, and whats the bit rate of the video ? is it a tad higher than the previous videos you've watched?. Because of increased disk activity + more work for the processor + more work for DSP for an increased amount of time, it might reboot sometimes.
you can easily edit the voltage profile for best results. always avoid presets coz every chip is not the same

cheers.
nkirk

Last edited by nkirk; 2011-05-29 at 04:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to nkirk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
It's called undervolting the DSP. It's really sensitive to voltage, it seems. I actually had to raise the XLV profiles by 1-3 steps just to get it stable with VDD1 and VDD2 SR on.