Active Topics

Anybody ordering this?

http://www.clearprotector.com/nokia-...protector.html

military code

Originally Posted by Diavoli View Post
Anybody ordering this?

military code
Yes, I ordered that through their eBay store. I was delivered yesterday but I haven't tried it because I'm out of town. I'll check it on Thursday and post results.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I am glad this was half off, so I wasted just $7.50 instead of more. You have to apply water to install it and squeegeeing it still leaves some water on the screen and distorts the image. I then tried to reapply, but the plastic stretched since it clung to the screen too much.

There are simpler options than this product that do not require water.

Originally Posted by ajamils View Post
Has anybody used Clear Protector's full body skin ? I'm thinking about ordering it.

I have this on my phone, and it works great! No problems applying it, just take your time. I know alot of people are afraid the water will mess up the screen. Just be careful and let some of the water drip off first. The water helps you better align it.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
I got the ClearProtector Full body. It the proximity sensor works just fine with it. The key is to use just a small amount of soap and water on the sticky side so you can apply it without worrying about bubbles and such. I opted to just put on the front and back because I didn't like the feeling of the protector on the sides.

Yea, the protector on the sides dont look that great, but are alrite...the front and back go on quite nice and the edge lay well.

I got the ClearProtector full body armor.

It took two hours to apply correctly!!!

It was very hard getting the back one aligned, but after an hour of work, I got it aligned. It does not seem as "clear" as it proclaims.

I then tried the side strips. It took almost no time to do the first and last ones, but the second and third were a pain. Trouble is, all four strips did not make it all the way around the phone. There was a 2mm gap on the corner between the first and last ones (I went counter-clockwise). There were no bubbles, misalignment, or overlapping strips to explain it. I suppose I could have removed them and started over, stretching them a bit, but I decided not to.

I didn't like the feel of it on the sides, so about two hours later I ripped them off.

I don't like the feel of Clear Protector or its ilk (Zagg invisibleShield, Clear-Coat, etc.) -- too rubbery for all but the bottom. I cannot imagine using it on the screen, for which I need an ultra-smooth ultra-clear glossy frictionless surface. I held up the screen protector and looked at it, and it was very cloudy. I decided I'm not going to mess up my screen with that, and threw it away.

I'll keep the bottom protector on for now, but might remove it later.

I have for years enjoyed WriteSHIELD -- they go on ultra-clear and are ultra-smooth, and the instructions and equipment show you to remove bubbles and dust specs without messy solutions like soap and water, and without applying large amounts of pressure or sliding credit cards -- you simply clean it off with pieces of tape. No liquid or soap is required. Contact them and ask for N900 screens, and if enough of us ask, they'll do it.

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Oh dear - I have a zagg full body shield arriving this week.
Im hoping it will be OK now..

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

got the one from clearprotector 2 weeks ago... worked fine for me. i didn't like the side strips either so i just tossed them, back and front ones work perfectly fine for me i have no issues using it on the phone(touch screen etc etc.)