Thank you, this works.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
For the record, if this is ONLY 10 or so lines of code, I see no reason why other people can't add support for this into the current hildon-desktop packages.

Has anyone done that? I don't mind figuring out how to properly use git and see if I can adapt this to the current version of HD code and figure out how to do all the git merge request voodoo - if no one else is doing it...? (Kinda hoping someone else is so I don't feel obligated to do it, since there's so many other things I want to do relating to programming+N900...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
glad to see finally an interest in developing this..tks mentalist..while your at it could you try to fix the reboot bug?..its really anoying and messes up this great app.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
glad to see finally an interest in developing this..tks mentalist..while your at it could you try to fix the reboot bug?..its really anoying and messes up this great app.
Thanks, but don't get your hopes up too high. I'm certainly interested in trying, doesn't mean I'll succeed. Nor does it mean I'll be able to get around to doing it for a while.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
here is hildon-desktop supporting portrait mode lock, build using latest arcean's h-d repo:
https://gitorious.org/~arcean/commun...don-desktop-17

Please test and report if anything is KO, to be fixed before inclusion in next CSSU.

@arcean - I saw you did not request merge, are there any problems outstanding?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@arcean - I saw you did not request merge, are there any problems outstanding?
IIRC, it's not possible to lock QT-based apps to portrait without forcedrotation option.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
IIRC, it's not possible to lock QT-based apps to portrait without forcedrotation option.
So QT should be modified to listen to your new DBUS interface instead of mce?

On the other hand it seems that tasknav needs a little attention too, hopefully next week will have time to tweak it.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Well, having problems with the update of other apps, i just run apt-get install hildon-desktop and everything ok.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
could someone please share hildon-desktop_2.2.142-18, I get upgraded in x-terminal, but can not find the package, as I can think of two other packet-gles1.2 preenv and libdsl-gles1.2-1, but I can not upgrade, some solution

Last edited by D@vIcHoJD; 2012-02-21 at 00:30.

working fine for me, thanks this should put less stress on cpu.